Davalier

Davalier

Reaction score
Dr. indications... "A2" no photo
So this is an Amber MILL W1 with Vestibular .5 Cutback, internal stain with Ivocolor and micro layering with Emax Ceram Opal 3, 2 and 1

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    574.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.png
    2.png
    847.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 3.png
    3.png
    637.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 4.png
    4.png
    796.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 5.png
    5.png
    642.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 6.png
    6.png
    811.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 7.png
    7.png
    586.8 KB · Views: 43
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Dr. indications... "A2" no photo
So this is an Amber MILL W1 with Vestibular .5 Cutback, internal stain with Ivocolor and micro layering with Emax Ceram Opal 3, 2 and 1
What's your minimal thickness on lingual? I remember Dr. Ed McLaren in Chicago 2009, Packed room with everyone high on emax. We've been noticing some failures with emax. The Air left the room, Silence. What he went on to say is that Bonded is better and likely fine but maintain manufacturers minimal requirements.
Physics haven't changed and if your material is less tough than emax then you need to take that into consideration. This is where Zr fits in perfectly given its strength being about 3x Lithium disilcate. A lot of cases presented on the big screens, full mouth rehabs, are vertically opened dimensions which is a World away from Quadrant dentistry and single units. We refuse emax Rx's that are below min thickness period. Love Lithium disilcate products but need to respect their use. Less than required tolerances and you'll see that crown again as a rush remake down the road and none of us need that. Oh, and is there a charge for that? Stay safe and choose appropriate materials, not necessarily what's hyped.

We have a number of new Dr.'s and they need some coaching on this. With Zr, we generally need about .4-.5mm thickness at min, .6mm posterior occlusal. Some have difficulty with that. I remind them that if they were to Rx's a PFM then they'd have to prep an additional 1 mm. I truly wish self limiting burs were a part of dental training, would save so much angst. I know Dr. Robert Winter has some beauty's available through Brasseler.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Sorry for offtopic, but did you get amber mill working "out of the box" ? I fired their calibration bodies and all look fine. Milled crowns and small cuts from the block however are yellow and transparent - does not matter which temperature I use (LT-MT-HT).

Attachments

• 20230307_141903.jpg
    20230307_141903.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 22
Davalier

Davalier

Reaction score
What's your minimal thickness on lingual? I remember Dr. Ed McLaren in Chicago 2009, Packed room with everyone high on emax. We've been noticing some failures with emax. The Air left the room, Silence. What he went on to say is that Bonded is better and likely fine but maintain manufacturers minimal requirements.
Physics haven't changed and if your material is less tough than emax then you need to take that into consideration. This is where Zr fits in perfectly given its strength being about 3x Lithium disilcate. A lot of cases presented on the big screens, full mouth rehabs, are vertically opened dimensions which is a World away from Quadrant dentistry and single units. We refuse emax Rx's that are below min thickness period. Love Lithium disilcate products but need to respect their use. Less than required tolerances and you'll see that crown again as a rush remake down the road and none of us need that. Oh, and is there a charge for that? Stay safe and choose appropriate materials, not necessarily what's hyped.

We have a number of new Dr.'s and they need some coaching on this. With Zr, we generally need about .4-.5mm thickness at min, .6mm posterior occlusal. Some have difficulty with that. I remind them that if they were to Rx's a PFM then they'd have to prep an additional 1 mm. I truly wish self limiting burs were a part of dental training, would save so much angst. I know Dr. Robert Winter has some beauty's available through Brasseler.
Dr. Ed is a nice guy and a great mentor for me.
I always design all my restorations with .5 minimal thickness, I only use milling materials, in this case after retouching and polishing, some parts of the palatal face end with .1 thickness and it works for me with 0% failure, always triple checking the occlusion.
Sorry for offtopic, but did you get amber mill working "out of the box" ? I fired their calibration bodies and all look fine. Milled crowns and small cuts from the block however are yellow and transparent - does not matter which temperature I use (LT-MT-HT).
Yes Amber Mill, gives that colour, but after bonding the material blends perfectly. For me it has been difficult to convince clinicians that the colour is going to match, they have to know their adhesives very well to work with Amber Mill, because the material is more translucent than the orders in the market, Amber mill MT is more likely to an HT emax.

So my workflow put 5°C more in your furnace and always go for LT if you want an MT look and MO if you want an LT, compared to emax. For monolithic go for MO and you need some dense stains like noritake czr, miyo for easier staining, you can use Ivocolor buy is super translucent and I do a base staining in blue stage-Crystal-basic staining- glaze- and if I need it I do external staining. And if you are going to do veneering I prefer to go for LT, only vestibular plain cutback, and I do my layering only with opal effects.
I only use HT for small Inlays and MT for Onlays, Overlays, and Posterior Crowns. Anteriors LT or MT always.

Attachments

• nanomaterials-12-02187-v3.pdf
    14.3 MB · Views: 11