Best Digital Denture Material?

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
What do you think is the best digital denture material out now?

Milled or Printed?

Hope y'all are having a nice day!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

Milled or Printed?

ive seen decent ones with both methods...but really its the "after" treatment that makes them decent. straight out of the mill or off the print platform they are meh IMHO. taking the time to color them and spruce them up makes them much more visually appealing. as far as the best material.... what are you looking for exactly? best visually? best quality? best repair-ability?

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
ive seen decent ones with both methods...but really its the "after" treatment that makes them decent. straight out of the mill or off the print platform they are meh IMHO. taking the time to color them and spruce them up makes them much more visually appealing. as far as the best material.... what are you looking for exactly? best visually? best quality? best repair-ability?
Really just best overall. I've heard that the after treatment is where the aesthetics truly comes in.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Really just best overall. I've heard that the after treatment is where the aesthetics truly comes in.
i lean more toward some of the milled stuff, but that may just be my personal preference at a distance. i havent personally milled any, but we have printed some and have the capability.....i just dont like it enough to put my name on it. its not as good as we do by hand yet

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I’m not at all sold on the printed bases long term and we’ve done plenty. Milled are stronger, IMHO. Print the teeth if you’d like- haven’t noticed much difference there. Printed are great for try-ins, though. Esthetics at the most basic level lean toward milled as well.

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
Can we use Temp resin for the teeth ? Since lot of manufacturer use temp resin for the denture's teeth, how about the wear strenght compare to prefabricated artificial teeth

M

mtnjo

Reaction score
I've experimented with multiple resins over the past couple years. For an interim (prototype) denture we use the 3D+ Nextdent base resin and the CBMFH Nextdent tooth resin. I tell clients this should only be used as an interim denture/prototype, but I have seem them last longer than a year. A plus side is that we can easily reprint at a low cost.

Dentsply Lucitone base is by far the best base resin on the market (now available on the Asiga and not just Carbon). The resin is lightweight, as strong as a traditionally injected denture, and I trust the longevity like I would with a milled or injected base. We mill teeth for all definitive denture cases. Aesthetics end up beautiful. I've experimented with different milled denture bases from Dentsply, Avadent and White Peaks. They are all comparable but I prefer the overall natural look of the Avadent puck.

NextDent released CROWNTEC that would be a good printed option for denture arches or any temporary crown or full arch prototype. Dentsply also released tooth colored resins similar to the strength of a traditional IPN tooth. I think Dentsply resin is only available on the Asiga and Carbon at this time.

BDL

A

Aditia KT

Reaction score
I've experimented with multiple resins over the past couple years. For an interim (prototype) denture we use the 3D+ Nextdent base resin and the CBMFH Nextdent tooth resin. I tell clients this should only be used as an interim denture/prototype, but I have seem them last longer than a year. A plus side is that we can easily reprint at a low cost.

Dentsply Lucitone base is by far the best base resin on the market (now available on the Asiga and not just Carbon). The resin is lightweight, as strong as a traditionally injected denture, and I trust the longevity like I would with a milled or injected base. We mill teeth for all definitive denture cases. Aesthetics end up beautiful. I've experimented with different milled denture bases from Dentsply, Avadent and White Peaks. They are all comparable but I prefer the overall natural look of the Avadent puck.

NextDent released CROWNTEC that would be a good printed option for denture arches or any temporary crown or full arch prototype. Dentsply also released tooth colored resins similar to the strength of a traditional IPN tooth. I think Dentsply resin is only available on the Asiga and Carbon at this time.

BDL
Why the temp resin cannot be used ? Its because easy to be abraded or stained ? How if we coat it with glaze lightcure like from vita azkent glaxe LC or from Dmg glaze lc ?

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
It is probably a bonding issue with the base materials. Might not bond the same as a material that was developed specifically for bonding to the various denture base options.

mammasan

mammasan

Reaction score
For milled teeth and denture base, what are you using to bond the two together?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Cringe Wince GIF

I

irfan

Reaction score
Ive been working through these kinks as well. We just delivered a Rodin denture base + Rodin sculpture teeth and it was beautiful, but its for a temp. I dont like monolithic prints because optiglazing takes forever and it never looks as good. I considered milling bases and teeth but thats a lot of machine wear and a lot of wasted material. still might take that route for finals. we do have an ivobase and id like to ideally tryin digitally and then figure out a good way to inject the base and use milled teeth. Cant find a good printed resin that i can remove from the investment for ivobase though. we typically only use that for hand made dentures. Id like to get away from carded teeth entirely. Lucitone sounds promising though, but i dont have a carbon.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Ive been working through these kinks as well. We just delivered a Rodin denture base + Rodin sculpture teeth and it was beautiful, but its for a temp. I dont like monolithic prints because optiglazing takes forever and it never looks as good. I considered milling bases and teeth but thats a lot of machine wear and a lot of wasted material. still might take that route for finals. we do have an ivobase and id like to ideally tryin digitally and then figure out a good way to inject the base and use milled teeth. Cant find a good printed resin that i can remove from the investment for ivobase though. we typically only use that for hand made dentures. Id like to get away from carded teeth entirely. Lucitone sounds promising though, but i dont have a carbon.
Your getting warmer.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score

Milled or Printed?

Milled is better for the pink are but the question is why either? Both suck . Why spend so much time and money on crappy dentures when you can do it very quickly and quality with some of the traditional ways?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score

Milled or Printed?

Milled.... But you have to understand why. Milled is nothing magical. Instead of you mixing acrylic, they cured a puck for you that the mill cuts a base out of. So, other than the method of fabrication, it's a conventional denture.

3D print resin is a totally different, although not really ground breaking, product.