Vhf Z4 opinions and feedback?

P

Parvus

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New to chairside milling so would definitely appreciate an opinion from all you folks who are far more experienced in this. Our clinic is looking into introducing a chairside mill to our practice. Cerec is out of our budget. Came across the VHF Z4 wet mill which can mill blocks in Zr, LiSi and Ti. Seems to be quite idea for our practice. I do know that many people think wet milling zirconia is a bad idea, while others are fine with them. Just wanted to know what others thought of the unit and wet milling zirconia in general...

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Hi everyone! New to chairside milling so would definitely appreciate an opinion from all you folks who are far more experienced in this. Our clinic is looking into introducing a chairside mill to our practice. Cerec is out of our budget. Came across the VHF Z4 wet mill which can mill blocks in Zr, LiSi and Ti. Seems to be quite idea for our practice. I do know that many people think wet milling zirconia is a bad idea, while others are fine with them. Just wanted to know what others thought of the unit and wet milling zirconia in general...
Hello and welcome! However, you realize you are posting on a technician forum, right? Many of them may not have a favorable few on chair side milling (ie direct competition, bread and butter etc etc).

As to your question, I do not have personal experience with the VHFZ4 mill or wet milling zr. But it is done by others and if it works, why not? One downside is the cleaning part and drying before sintering. I can imagine that slush from wet milling zirconia becomes nasty pretty quickly.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Agree with your 1st paragraph.
Vroam

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You should look into an Imes Icor 350i pro with hyperdent. best for chairside milling.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I only mill zirconia wet, but I use a mill that is designed to mill everything wet. In a practice, I would suggest milling your zirconia dry, for speed purposes. That way you don't have to wait for it to dry.

C

charles007

Reaction score
It would be helpful to know if your practice is looking to do mostly same day crowns and planning to mill mostly LD or zirconia. There are zirconia's that can replace LD in translucency and much stronger. Milling LD is much faster but also more costly material wise. If you have little interest in milling LD, you could save on the cost of the mill by buying a dry mill. If you want to mill LD and zirconia your better off buying a wet mill that has dual cooling tanks. Dry milling zirconia your dealing with dust cleanup of zirconia crowns, the mill, and the suction unit. Wet milling zirconia there's an extra step drying in toaster oven for 10-30+ minutes or so depending on the units.

Top Bottom