.off files

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Hi
Is there any special way to deal with .off files ? It's always like this, once I click on the the margin detection button some scan data are lost

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_091836.png
    IMG_20210226_091836.png
    658.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210226_090946.png
    IMG_20210226_090946.png
    521.8 KB · Views: 21
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
your file is **** looks like you have a cut in it

Attachments

• Schirmfoto 1.png
    Schirmfoto 1.png
    699.9 KB · Views: 17
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hi
Is there any special way to deal with .off files ? It's always like this, once I click on the the margin detection button some scan data are lost
It looks like the interproximals were not scanned. Nothing wrong with the .OFF files BTW , same idea as an STL, different encoding.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
I've another issue I don't know if I'm doing something wrong:

Usually I get three files (ex. for a single unit ) one for the arch, the other for the antagonist , and the bite scan. but a friend keeps sending me files and folders for a single unit like in this photo !!! I don't think I need all these files, do I?

I also usually go to the cad software, pick the arch and antagonist stls , and the software do the alignment with the bite automatically , with my friend's files I have to manually align the arch scan data then the antagonist scan data to the bite scan.!!!

Appreciate your cooperation 🤝 offffffy.jpg

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So, if your friend scans the case, all he needs to do is to send you the upper and lower scans saved in occluded relation to each-other. Tell him to scan the die separately, or he could scan a solid model if the margin is clearly visible and he can capture the interproximals without any holes.
He would have something like this, upper and lower occluded:
1_.png
Turn visibility off for everything, but one arch... the lower in this pic. Right click and save scene:
2_.png
Pick either scene, resulting in a bigger file or STL, OFF or OBJ. The OBJ is the same idea, but it has texture info as well in case you have a color scan:
3_.png
From this point you could import the scene file and continue on your system, from where your friend did save it. Or switch visibility to the other arch and repeat the process.
Click default coordinate system when it asks for:
4_.png
At this point you have two files of whichever type was chosen, saved in relation to each other. When you import, there's no need to align them.
5_.png
My example showed an IO scan, for a model with a removable die the process is the same
6_.png

Hope this helps Ciao

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
So, if your friend scans the case, all he needs to do is to send you the upper and lower scans saved in occluded relation to each-other. Tell him to scan the die separately, or he could scan a solid model if the margin is clearly visible and he can capture the interproximals without any holes.
He would have something like this, upper and lower occluded:
View attachment 38011
Turn visibility off for everything, but one arch... the lower in this pic. Right click and save scene:
View attachment 38012
Pick either scene, resulting in a bigger file or STL, OFF or OBJ. The OBJ is the same idea, but it has texture info as well in case you have a color scan:
View attachment 38013
From this point you could import the scene file and continue on your system, from where your friend did save it. Or switch visibility to the other arch and repeat the process.
Click default coordinate system when it asks for:
View attachment 38014
At this point you have two files of whichever type was chosen, saved in relation to each other. When you import, there's no need to align them.
View attachment 38015
My example showed an IO scan, for a model with a removable die the process is the same
View attachment 38016

Hope this helps Ciao

Thanks for your time really
I'll contact him to this can solve the problem,

I have zero experience in scanning , I don't know how the software recognizes how to align the meshes automatically to the bite (usually) ,
this is how it shows up after loading the bite scan.

Attachments

• Off.jpg
    Off.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 7