3shape best way to design interlock?

R

Remote

Reaction score
Hi folks! Which library do you use for creating interlock and lingual for sufficient retention and support?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
? You talking about making a crown with a rest?

R

Remote

Reaction score
:D I love technician humor.
I have a few full-contour zircon, partially removable cases, with retention, one, for example, would be Kugel Anker on the distoapproximal of the 23 and 13. For the stability I want to design lingual and an interlock to give full support. Like in this pic, but I don't know how to execute it digitally. I already downloaded Kugel's digital library, but that is only the retention ball.

Attachments

• kombi.jpg
    kombi.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 14
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
:D I love technician humor.
I have a few full-contour zircon, partially removable cases, with retention, one, for example, would be Kugel Anker on the distoapproximal of the 23 and 13. For the stability I want to design lingual and an interlock to give full support. Like in this pic, but I don't know how to execute it digitally. I already downloaded Kugel's digital library, but that is only the retention ball.
I'm not sure I would trust zirconia to hold up to that stress.
I would suggest posting this question on the 3 shape facebook page.
I know there are members here that can help but I aint one of them.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Let's not throw metal out the window yet, it still has its place. I agree with rkm, I wouldn't trust it. Metal is resilient, zirconia is strong, but may be a bit more brittle cp to metal.

Maybe I might try a zirconia female attachment, maybe, but not for the male. But then again, I've never done one of these in zirconia before, but if I were asked, I would do it in metal.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Let's not throw metal out the window yet, it still has its place. I agree with rkm, I wouldn't trust it. Metal is resilient, zirconia is strong, but may be a bit more brittle cp to metal.

Maybe I might try a zirconia female attachment, maybe, but not for the male. But then again, I've never done one of these in zirconia before, but if I were asked, I would do it in metal.
..which still can be done digitally.

R

Remote

Reaction score

Yes, I agree zirconia cannot hold this pressure, too rigid for that. I advised also metal for the doctor and they finally accepted too. But I still have my question, what attachments do you use to create the interlock in the design?

R

Remote

Reaction score
I'm not sure I would trust zirconia to hold up to that stress.
I would suggest posting this question on the 3 shape facebook page.
I know there are members here that can help but I aint one of them.
Yes, I agree zirconia cannot hold this pressure, too rigid for that. I advised also metal for the doctor and they finally accepted too. But I still have my question, what attachments do you use to create the interlock in the design? I haven't found any useful tutorial for this...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yes, I agree zirconia cannot hold this pressure, too rigid for that. I advised also metal for the doctor and they finally accepted too. But I still have my question, what attachments do you use to create the interlock in the design? I haven't found any useful tutorial for this...
You need the dme files,from the manufacturer of the attachment. There should be a few attachments in DD.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
This is a case a buddy made this summer and sent me a pic. Don’t have any details on it though.

5001443A-ED59-447A-8874-038852EF7382.png

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
That looks pretty hearty, nice thickness and size. I would probably trust that.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and he’s a three sheeper

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
You could do both of those types with Exocad ;) the metal one with Telescopic crown function, then attach the distal contact. Actually designed one with the lingual rest, distal attachment and a divot on the mesial side to have the clasp click into

The Zirconia stress breaker can be done with any bridge once the parts are merged, you can just right click it from Expert mode and tell it to split bridge.