Fusus 72/ NG Technical help ?

D

Darran

Reaction score
Hi,

I have bought a Gallini Fusus NG Casting Machine off a retired technition off ebay.
The induction heating has stopped. Going through the old manual and getting a electrition in to look at her we found three brakers at the rear right panel two on the far right are making a clicking sound then it turns the breaker off. It worked tree times before it started to click then work, then when switch 2 is turned to melt gold it just clicked and threw the breaker.
The guy i bought it off said he didnt have a problem before and to get a electrition in. So i did.
We thought the induction needed more power so we upgraded the breaker, but it still tripped and did it again. So to us it pointed to the machine.
The pump was working fine. everything moving around as it should and connected correctly.
We took the induction coil off and cleaned it with no luck, but the former owner had a spare so we changed it but the same thing happend again.
lastly we basically followed the noisy clicking to the two breakers, but had no clue on the fault?
The electrician was a gamble as he had no knowledge of casting machines so i thanked him paid him for his time.
Ive tried to contact Gallini and the uk reps, but they are also short on parts as it stopped production in the late 80s.
Since its a popular dental model i was chancing my luck that perhaps someone here might be using one and come across this problem perhaps? Its worth a email i think.
I had videod the fault at the front and the breaker doing the noise at the rear.
Ill try to show you the 2 vids.
The machine stil spins fine , and i have done a hand torch burn of some silver in place through the viewing hole,so i can still cast that way if i cannot get the inducction back to work.
kind regards
Darran

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing there is a short somewhere or the relay(s) are bad.

Not gonna be a great deal more help there, sorry.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Unless you're casting partial frames I don't know what you'd want a casting machine for these days. We haven't cast in over 2 years and I'm happy about that.

D

Darran

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the replies. I posted as a longshot, just in case a member was still had one and perhaps knew about the fault .
This was a video of the tapping noise.

Just in case

Sorry to bother

Darran

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Hi Darran,

did you get your Fusus fixed?

S

Stuart

Reaction score
Hi,

I have bought a Gallini Fusus NG Casting Machine off a retired technition off ebay.
The induction heating has stopped. Going through the old manual and getting a electrition in to look at her we found three brakers at the rear right panel two on the far right are making a clicking sound then it turns the breaker off. It worked tree times before it started to click then work, then when switch 2 is turned to melt gold it just clicked and threw the breaker.
The guy i bought it off said he didnt have a problem before and to get a electrition in. So i did.
We thought the induction needed more power so we upgraded the breaker, but it still tripped and did it again. So to us it pointed to the machine.
The pump was working fine. everything moving around as it should and connected correctly.
We took the induction coil off and cleaned it with no luck, but the former owner had a spare so we changed it but the same thing happend again.
lastly we basically followed the noisy clicking to the two breakers, but had no clue on the fault?
The electrician was a gamble as he had no knowledge of casting machines so i thanked him paid him for his time.
Ive tried to contact Gallini and the uk reps, but they are also short on parts as it stopped production in the late 80s.
Since its a popular dental model i was chancing my luck that perhaps someone here might be using one and come across this problem perhaps? Its worth a email i think.
I had videod the fault at the front and the breaker doing the noise at the rear.
Ill try to show you the 2 vids.
The machine stil spins fine , and i have done a hand torch burn of some silver in place through the viewing hole,so i can still cast that way if i cannot get the inducction back to work.
kind regards
Darran

Darran,
2nd attempt at a post.
I am a retired electronics technician. I was asked to look at one of these machines some 20 years ago by a jeweller who had just bought it secondhand. The coil of the induction unit must be water cooled or it will melt. This is done by a pump, as you know. There is a flow switch in the water feed line which interlocks the RF drive unit if the flow is absent. The most likely problem is that the pump is running backwards. All you have to do is swap any 2 phases in the power plug. This will restore full flow, if that was the problem.
The relay clicking was probably that there was a small flow, from the pump, which was intermittently switching the flow switch.
Hope you are still watching this post
Good luck, Stuart