Porosity Help

L

LPrice

Reaction score
Hello. New to forum. Came here looking for advice. Recently I've had major issues with porosity. In almost every processed denture. Some small and a few completely ate up. I've recently changed to sledgehammer heat cured for my lower end appliances and I beginning to think its the acrylic. Having issues with my dark acrylics as well. Any help would be appreciated. I may be mixing incorrectly, processing for to long or too high a temp? I've been a tech for close to 8yrs but only been processing units for maybe 8-9 months. Plz help

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hello. New to forum. Came here looking for advice. Recently I've had major issues with porosity. In almost every processed denture. Some small and a few completely ate up. I've recently changed to sledgehammer heat cured for my lower end appliances and I beginning to think its the acrylic. Having issues with my dark acrylics as well. Any help would be appreciated. I may be mixing incorrectly, processing for to long or too high a temp? I've been a tech for close to 8yrs but only been processing units for maybe 8-9 months. Plz help
we use sledgehammer without issue.....so lets start at the beginning

are you using the sledgehammer heat cure monomer? have you tried another lot of each to be sure it wasnt the monomer/acrylic? have you contacted Keystone to be sure your mixing ratios and set times are accurate? are you press packing or injecting? can you post some pics?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
First off, READ the instructions!! Each acrylic is different so follow the instructions to a T. Second, ALWAYS trial pack. Don't close the flask and process until the acrylic shines when you open the flask. If it isn't shining, add more acrylic and trial pack again and again until it does or you will continue to see porosity.
Oh, :welcome:

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
DO A SEARCH IN THE FORUMS HERE. Then compare your search results with your technique and come back to this thread if need be. What did Sludgehammer customer support say? Welcome.

D

David Laville

Reaction score
1) Be sure you're adequately trial packing. 2) Make sure your first stage cure or overnight cure isn't too hot causing the monomer to boil. Monomer has a low boiling point, 165* F is about the average recommended temp.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
as has been said double check the instructions and compare to your process. Also maybe check expiration date on packets