Essix style partials,, need ideas

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Anyone have work flow ideas for these? They’re simple when missing only one tooth, but I haven’t found a good solution to fabbing w multiple teeth. Set the teeth in wax,, then what. Here’s an example of one I’ve got to do. 32604 32604

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
personally I wouldn't go there with a suck down... too much leverage and pressure you'll be remaking it in few days after insert

DavidW

DavidW

Reaction score
I have done a few but never satisfied with the result.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Ive done afew of those with multiple teeth. I set the teeth then duplicate and pull down over duplicate model. Then bond teeth into suckdown with acrylic.
I would agree with chalky, and I indicated this to client. But they insisted they had seen them done and I did not have to remake so they seemed to have lasted ok, they were only meant to be temp.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
I agree David , I thought they looked pretty crappy too

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I make quite a few of those, design + mill the teeth out of PMMA, suckdown with 1mm essix material, add a lingual band (full arch) with clear acrylic (salt&pepper method) to make it less flimsy, trim... they hold up quite well till the implants heal.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
I make quite a few of those, design + mill the teeth out of PMMA, suckdown with 1mm essix material, add a lingual band (full arch) with clear acrylic (salt&pepper method) to make it less flimsy, trim... they hold up quite well till the implants heal.
Exactly how we do it!

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Ive done afew of those with multiple teeth. I set the teeth then duplicate and pull down over duplicate model. Then bond teeth into suckdown with acrylic.
I would agree with chalky, and I indicated this to client. But they insisted they had seen them done and I did not have to remake so they seemed to have lasted ok, they were only meant to be temp.
personally I wouldn't go there with a suck down... too much leverage and pressure you'll be remaking it in few days after insert
all been explained to doc,, all remakes will be full price.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. That’s actually exactly how I’ve been doing them. Appreciate the reply. I’ve actually already made 4 of these for this same patient. Seem to last her about a month. This is a bone graft site.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
We don't have a mill so I set the teeth, make a putty matrix of the set up, lute the teeth together with tooth shade acrylic in the matrix. That way no matter how many teeth you have in the block it still acts as one tooth when you do the suckdown.

Top Bottom