Ivoclar ep3000 muffle replacment

B

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Today I replaced my muffle and now with the head back on the oven I get error saying the head can not properly close. Does anyone have any ideas? Tec support will call me in the morning, I'm just trying to fix it tonight.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
If you offer @Patrick Coon a beer, he'll come over and fix it tonight.

Nope! That time of night requires a 6 pack!

I would check to see if it is seated down fully in the back, and that none of the cables or hoses are interfering with the mechanism.

Other than that, it's definitely a question for Tom or Shawn!

B

Beach Bum

Reaction score
I talked to Shawn the next day and we got it to work. Thanks.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Today I replaced my muffle and now with the head back on the oven I get error saying the head can not properly close. Does anyone have any ideas? Tec support will call me in the morning, I'm just trying to fix it tonight.
Did you have an instruction manual or a breakdown schematic of the the muffle of your press oven. We need to replace the muffle of our EP 5000 and want to replace the muffle rather than ship from CA to Buffalo NY.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I think @JMN has pretty good abilities at finding manuals if they exist.
Trying...

Check the leaf springs?
edit: Cannot find the 3000 manual, but here's the 5000 manual. Do not expect a perfect comparrison, do expect similarities. Be careful and if you can wait for the call back then wait. Don't destroy your equipment with haste and lack of knowledge.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1349454/Ivoclar-Vivadent-Programat-Ep-5000.html#manual

Edit again. DUH! factor. Low on caffeine.

@Beach Bum What was the solution for the next person to look at as a possibility?

Last edited:
Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
The H will call tomorrow. and I am looking through the manual JMN posted. Between the two of us, we are pretty careful.

Thanks JMN and user name.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Things are usually pretty simple. Its the unknown that gives us the anxiety. Turn it off. Unplug it. Use tools that fit the fasteners correctly. Set the oven on a big white towel. Any screws you drop will be easy to see and wont bounce away. If youre going to remove something that looks a bit tricky, snap a couple pics first. Study electrical connectors closely. They sometimes are a bit tricky to see the 'catch' that you need to depress to get them to pull apart.
Manuels arent usually written by the smartest guy on the team. Just do it.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Nope! That time of night requires a 6 pack!

I would check to see if it is seated down fully in the back, and that none of the cables or hoses are interfering with the mechanism.

Other than that, it's definitely a question for Tom or Shawn!
Patrick, The H just got off the phone with Shawn. He is absolutely THE BEST. We have decided to get the loaner and ship the top unit back to Buffalo, NY.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
The guy H spoke with yesterday was not well informed. Today we call back and Shawn was fantastic. I have newfound trust in Ivoclar.

We decided to go with the shop because of much needed stress relief. Plus we do not want to rely on the ancient Ney for a week. I'll post a photo when my email returns.

Attachments

• 20190129_092723.jpg
    20190129_092723.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 14
Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
We received the loaner from FedX Friday evening. It was as described, a working EP5000. Worn, but in perfect operating condition. While entering my programming, I realized I needed to set it to Fahrenheit. No biggy. I would like to have them email a shipping bill so I could take advantage of their Cadillac shipping prices. I will pay of course. If I can stop the H from shipping it today, I will call on Monday. I have 5 days to ship, a good faith clause in the agreement.

We decided to have them do the replacement of the muffle because of past conversation with techs/repairmen about the fragility of muffles. I know it is the expensive route, but it is also a better guarantee. Patrick Coon must be at Lab Day Chicago...freezing his butt off.

B

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Sorry I did not see your question I get on this website maybe once a month. I just took it apart, I am fairly handy. After I finished fixing it I talk to Sean and he said I did it the hard way LOL.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me. No need to apologize. I also did it the hard way, but my was costly. 959.65. Plus, shipping the loaner back. We haven't received our EP5000 yet. Replacement of muffle and inside seal. It was 6 years old. We are dissapointed as the usual reports are these are very long lived. The loaner cost $400.

Our understanding was, muffles have to be handled carefully and can be easily damaged. You must be outstandingly handy! Five