Fix broken L/C baseplate?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Ham handed dentist broke the l/c baseplate. It's 2 smurfety mm thick!

Any good fix anyone knows for this aside from putting a piece of wire between the old l/c baseplate and a glob of new l/c material? Will that hold? It's going back for a wax try-in.

Don't really want to make a new baseplate and loose the wax rim information.

Oh, of course it needs to leave Monday by UPS and Pt gets to come through to their dentist about every 4-5 weeks, so every visit counts.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't try to repair it if he's that heavy handed. Make a putty matrix of the wax rim on the model, make a new baseplate and use the matrix to put the rim on.
Bingo! Thank you.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I wouldn't try to repair it if he's that heavy handed. Make a putty matrix of the wax rim on the model, make a new baseplate and use the matrix to put the rim on.
Sounds like the cost of the putty, the labor of doing the matrix and remaking the baseplate and the added frustration of doing this bs would be too much for me... on a throwaway item no less.
Whip out a new lc base and set up the case a-b'ing the broken bite rim on the opposing as needed. Are you making a career out of this??? lol.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Super glue base together, articulate models, make new baseplate for tryin? (i’d Charge for it, at least 50%).

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Ahh, you’re trying to follow the rim to do set up. Nm. Did doc actually personalize the rim?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
That's a tried and true method. Also comes in handy for those best and brightest types who want to argue whether you followed their rim...

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
That's a tried and true method. Also comes in handy for those best and brightest types who want to argue whether you followed their rim...
Why would you argue with the guy signing your paycheck. Truth is even if Dr's. wrong... he's right. so who cares?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Why would you argue with the guy signing your paycheck. Truth is even if Dr's. wrong... he's right. so who cares?
Because with some you need to be able to prove you followed the rim because even when you do they will say you didn't unless you *can* prove it.
I have one that would swear I over opened the bite or had the max further forward that it should have been every time, until I stopped doing wax try in on the bite rim and could drop it in to show it was exactly where the rim showed the arch relationship.
I would rather do it again for fee than for free. And do it again with the doc knowing I am doing it again because did exactly what I was told instead of doing whatever else.

If you want to do free resets and let'em think you didn't know what you were doing or just did it wrong even knowing it was wrong, well go right ahead. I don' t have the time for that.
I'm not sure what else you could be proposing. If I'm missing it, please say so.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
There are several advanced protocols that have it baked in.
The point is preserving information.
We all have our tolerance moderated by profit, true,
But when they want to impinge our profit for their mistake, it's more like we're cutting them a check to stay.
I'll never fathom why.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I get how relentless the crap can be.
Sometines we gotta put beans on the table.
But serial offenders are on the 86 list. Somebody goes every year, because it's healthy to kick them out.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I get how relentless the crap can be.
Sometines we gotta put beans on the table.
But serial offenders are on the 86 list. Somebody goes every year, because it's healthy to kick them out.
I can't imagine the spectacle of ceremony surrounding the release of the 86 squad. Must be some party. If not it should be.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Only kcdt gets it. Invest your time in cultivating new accounts where you each have complimentary skill levels instead of cma skills. If they do a lot of work--- the reset is free. If you can't do a reset in 15 mins. you need to find a new career..... Never once have I needed to take time from my day to "prove" to Dr. he was wrong. My balls aren't that big. If I did it would be my last case from him/her. Got more important things to do with my finger than point with it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Only kcdt gets it. Invest your time in cultivating new accounts where you each have complimentary skill levels instead of cma skills. If they do a lot of work--- the reset is free. If you can't do a reset in 15 mins. you need to find a new career..... Never once have I needed to take time from my day to "prove" to Dr. he was wrong. My balls aren't that big. If I did it would be my last case from him/her. Got more important things to do with my finger than point with it.
Gotcha. I see where you are coming from. Don't work with mediocre dentists. It's not always an easy call. There's only so much crap anyone can take and that level varies between people.
My difference is I have always felt that part of being willing to learn is to also be willing to teach what others have taught you.
I don't need to be right, but for whatever reasons of personality I do like to know why when I am wrong.
I am sorry that you can only fire your dentists and not work together to make better results for all future patients. That must be a very hard road.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
do you guys have time to do a remake for free because the dentist tells you that you made a mistake?
you have not made a mistake, but you are taking wrong blame on yourself?
And you work more (remake),for less (free becouse dentist think you are wrong ) ?
and then you claim Got more important things to do with my finger than point with it ??

you definitely have something to do, the free remake is already waiting for you

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
do you guys have time to do a remake for free because the dentist tells you that you made a mistake?
you have not made a mistake, but you are taking wrong blame on yourself?
And you work more (remake),for less (free becouse dentist think you are wrong ) ?
and then you claim Got more important things to do with my finger than point with it ??

you definitely have something to do, the free remake is already waiting for you

The dentist did not tell the op he made a mistake. Comprehension when reading these threads as well as reading rx's is key here...

Ummm...... Ultimately nothing is "free"... My price list is fluid..... and I may give them a free reset (NOT REMAKE as you incorrectly mention) but they may pay a little extra for everything going forward. Great debate!