Flossing could increase exposure to toxic chemicals

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
According to a recent study, flossing is just one common behavior that could put people at risk of exposure to certain chemicals linked to disease.

Continue reading...

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
The only problem with this article is they don't tell you which brands of floss to avoid.

R

Rajashree2347

Reaction score
Wow flossing is essential for dental hygiene so can you suggest a safe floss brands.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Gingival,strings

Better know as g strings.

A

Acrylicwookie

Reaction score
Definitely a very dangerous article title.... with ulterior motives I would bet. The benefits of flossing FAR outweigh any risk of any PFHxS. Definitive serious diseases (heart, lung, diabetes, cancer to name a few) have been directly linked to periodontal disease which is also directly related to failing to floss are all over peer reviewed journals. This article linked is not peer reviewed - and not even close to being worthy of it - even though the article attempts to portray itself as one by having a "fact checked" secondary name under the authors name. The author is a fashion design critique journalist who has also written an article about teeth staining associated to fluoride that also has significant false information in it. Based on this and her other article, my guess is she is anti-fluoridation - or just threw together a last minute piece to meet a deadline for her publisher. There are a lot more than just 2 manufacturers of floss who add fluoride to their floss - which is the basis of the "toxic chemical" referred to in the headline title.

Two words - FAKE NEWS

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Definitely a very dangerous article title.... with ulterior motives I would bet. The benefits of flossing FAR outweigh any risk of any PFHxS. Definitive serious diseases (heart, lung, diabetes, cancer to name a few) have been directly linked to periodontal disease which is also directly related to failing to floss are all over peer reviewed journals. This article linked is not peer reviewed - and not even close to being worthy of it - even though the article attempts to portray itself as one by having a "fact checked" secondary name under the authors name. The author is a fashion design critique journalist who has also written an article about teeth staining associated to fluoride that also has significant false information in it. Based on this and her other article, my guess is she is anti-fluoridation - or just threw together a last minute piece to meet a deadline for her publisher. There are a lot more than just 2 manufacturers of floss who add fluoride to their floss - which is the basis of the "toxic chemical" referred to in the headline title.

Two words - FAKE NEWS
I'd given that a thumbs up, but, wow, that needed a gold star. Winner dude.

You give hope that functional literacy and multi-paragraph continuity of comprehension is not dead.

Please procreate.

Top Bottom