Straumann M series chipping emax

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
I've heard there only about 5 of these machines being used in the US, but I figure someone would be able to give some advice on this problem.

Anyone who is familiar with the M series mill understands that it is capable of milling pretty much everything that can be milled. Long story short, when we use this machine to mill zirconia, it does so flawlessly, however when we try to mill e.max, 99% of the time it will chip the margin in the exact same spot on any crown. The burs are like new (We've only made about 4 e.max crowns) so I'm betting against it being the burs. I should also mention that the chip is not a result of importing designs rather than designing the crowns on the Dental Wings scanner that is required to even use the mill, as I've tested crowns imported from 3Shape from our design team as well as designed a crown myself directly from Cares Visual 12. Still it always chips right at the last stage of milling the margin.

If anyone can save me from this hell I would be forever grateful

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this is indicative of a CAM problem. go yell at a straumann rep for not selling you a proper open cam solution.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
thats why i press emax you are better off milling the wax then pressing its stronger and a better fit . then do the same for lisi press its better again.

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
thats why i press emax you are better off milling the wax then pressing its stronger and a better fit . then do the same for lisi press its better again.
That's what I'm going to be doing from now on, I've just been trying to get this new machine to mill emax since we have a lot of material left over from a previous wet mill (Wielend hybrid that is now replacing a wielend dry mill that is now in dental lab heaven)

Top Bottom