Impak Thermoflex Night guard precocity?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
That would be the verb that came of Judge Bork's confirmation hearings.
It is the same time frame. Hmmm I bet Kavanaugh got drunk with Bork and it's all his fault that Bork was still so intoxicated he spoke his mind in the hearings.
Funny fact:
Bork was the assistant AG who carried out Nixon's Saturday night massacre. I forget how far down the food chain he was, but he was the idiot in charge after everyone over him with a lick of sense had resigned in protest rather than fire the Watergate special prosecutor.
Never should've been nominated in the first place.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
The tech wizard at Keystone put it this way.
"We know it might be okay after the expiration date, and in fact we expect it will be for a bit, but that date is the last day that we know it will be fine and that's the last day you should use it in a real prosthetic for a real patient according to the FDA"
Bingo.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Funny fact:
Bork was the assistant AG who carried out Nixon's Saturday night massacre. I forget how far down the food chain he was, but he was the idiot in charge after everyone over him with a lick of sense had resigned in protest rather than fire the Watergate special prosecutor.
Never should've been nominated in the first place.
People in command positions dislike their decisions being questioned by 'underlings'. That was a stellar job application for a gov't going nuts looking for a yes mannequin. Reagan didn't understand the difference between dissent and treason. A common issue in presidents back to Andrew Jackson at least.

And continued in the military. Officers are allowed, nay expected, to protest against and not to give unlawful orders, but enlisted are required to follow no matter what. Of course those officers can pay a price for standing up for only following and giving lawful orders too. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehren_Watada

Last edited:
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
People in command positions dislike their decisions being questioned by 'underlings'. That was a stellar job application for a gov't going nuts looking for a yes mannequin. Reagan didn't understand the difference between dissent and treason. A common issue in presidents back to Andrew Jackson at least.

And continued in the military. Officers are allowed, nay expected, to protest against and not to give unlawful orders, but enlisted are required to follow no matter what. Of course those officers can pay a price for standing up for only following and giving lawful orders too. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehren_Watada
I'm more intrigued by how the same players re-emrege in a generation. The whole thing's a merrie go round

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm more intrigued by how the same players re-emrege in a generation. The whole thing's a merrie go round
I was stunned how Nixon went from untrustworthy coot (most polite and still correct term of which I could think to call him) to some sort of Elder Statesman.

That whole mess went right back to the Kennedy assasination. He began the coverup at the point of the check being in one of the arrested persons items confiscated at arrest was drawn on a certain bank account. That had some ... interesting ... prior activity.

Hunt went on the record on his deathbed to his son who made a tape recording. It's still out there if you care to look. Many copies certain to be boobytrapped by now with digital tripwire alerts at minimum.

I think I'll stop here before it starts sounding crazy. OK OK, crazier.
But remember, history is written by the victorious. Otherwise we'd all think of Colombus as the stupid and foul man of a baser sort that he was instead of the noble explorer who proved the world wasn't flat while he in fact was wrong, he thought the earth was far smaller and he had landed in India. Why else would the original inhabitants be called 'Indians'.

Time to hide my keyboard again before the Media and the Pershings show up at my gates.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
ive just noticed the powder is expired from 2016 does that even play a roll in it? id assume the liquid part will have an effect but i doubt the powder will
I have been using GC microwave cure material for more than 20 years and the only time I had some bubbles is when you mix the dough too much. According to GC Polimer does not expire. Make sure you are using the right monomer. I am not sure what material you are using but this is my experience with GC. Good material. I have tried Sledgehammer it has a lot of porosity. Hope it helps.

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
could someone give me an idea whats going on? Ive never had this problem but for some reason I've been getting precocity in my thermoflex night guards. I pre-soak my models in water and i process it the normal way. is there something im missing here? How do you guys normally process these?
We do alot of these and porosity is usually caused by putting the flask together to soon. We pour the material on each half of the flask and don't press together until the material has lost the sticky feel when you touch with your finger.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
.... I have tried Sledgehammer it has a lot of porosity. ...
Gonna have to disagree there. Mixed properly and packed properly it has none.

Any material *can* have porosity, but some can take more of a cavlier attitude with mishandling before they start showing that something is wrong with simple visual inspection. Mixed with cold cure monomer or underpacked are the two easist ways to get problems, and you'll sure get problems.

But not if it's done at indicated ratios and reasonable timings for mix, benchrest, and working periods then over proportioned into the flask vs amount of free space.

And the insanity causer here is you can do everything right, but have something or someone else adjust a variable that you assumed was a fixed fact and not a variable.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Gonna have to disagree there. Mixed properly and packed properly it has none.

Any material *can* have porosity, but some can take more of a cavlier attitude with mishandling before they start showing that something is wrong with simple visual inspection. Mixed with cold cure monomer or underpacked are the two easist ways to get problems, and you'll sure get problems.

But not if it's done at indicated ratios and reasonable timings for mix, benchrest, and working periods then over proportioned into the flask vs amount of free space.

And the insanity causer here is you can do everything right, but have something or someone else adjust a variable that you assumed was a fixed fact and not a variable.
too many technicians treat one material in exactly the same way as another... simply doesn't work! there are instructions for a reason!! I see this far too often with technicians, even very experienced ones! Hmmmm2

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
too many technicians treat one material in exactly the same way as another... simply doesn't work! there are instructions for a reason!! I see this far too often with technicians, even very experienced ones! Hmmmm2
very true, i even see it with technicians who want to do CADCAM. one cutting strategy for everything.

mate.... thats not how any of this works.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
It SHOULD be how it works for acrylic mixing and packing. The individual brand sensitivity is BS. Usually the FLGOTTP is doing the dirty deed of boiling out/ packing. You think they're going to do it any other way than they did it at their last job???? Yeah... right... until you're not lookin'. I blame this solely on the manufacturers and their cost cutting. The cheaper the material- the more finicky it is. PERIOD. PS- this is only a true statement for HEAT CURED ACRYLIC. None of the other stuffs.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
FLGOTTP I had to look up. Foreign lady going out to the parlor? Fast lazy guy opening tomato tortellini packages?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
F*cking Little Old Guy Tasked to Partials

come on man, get with the parlance