Just hit my desktop! Finally, are the rumours true?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
PRESS RELEASE
March 27, 2014, 2:05 p.m. ET
BURBANK, Calif
.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 27, 2014--

When I saw this I said something is fishy ...
Yes...all the clues were in the post..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Probably really good looking too!

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Terry....
"I can't help it if you guys are back in time LOL."
For the record Terry, we are actually in the future,,,,we saw that one coming,,,:p
Well some did... others Im not so sure :)

swisstek

swisstek

Reaction score
Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Officially yes it was an April fools day joke.... so..
" APRIL FOOL ":p

I hope everyone got a bit of a laugh at it, absolutely no pain or anguish was intended to anyone or damage to any company was intended so I hope everyone is ok with that. It was... a prank. There are certain things you must be able to get away with on April 1st.

I must also pay my compliments to the actual masterminds behind it all..they know who they are and they may come out from their hiding if they choose to..if not yep it's all my fault.:)

exocad is a great program that we use everyday here in the lab in Australia, I know the CEO Tillman reasonably well, as matter of fact we had a great night out in Sydney town with both of our lovely wives while he was visiting Australia 2 weeks ago so he is probably still suffering jet lag...sorry mate!

I would like to officially like to thank Tillmann and exocad and for their generous support of the CAD CAM Centre for Education in Sydney.

Sirona is a great company too, as a matter of fact we have just this week started to accept scans from any of their scanners worldwide via Cerec Connect so have a look into that as well people...possibly an untapped market for some.

Thanks to Dental lab network for letting me be naughty.

For those of you who thought it was a bit early.... not really, Australia is one of the countries that sees the new day first so in reality in my time at least it was ok...I can't help it if you guys are back in time LOL.

Greeting's & Happy April Fools Day to everyone from Sydney Australia, and don't forget if you are ever visiting "Down Under" let us know!

AND... I know someone will get me back.... so ya gotta be able to take it too.....but I do deserve a winners medal, I'm sure.

ps If you are in Singapore this coming weekend at IDEM please stop by and say hello. I am speaking on Sunday at the Dental Technician's Forum.

pps "The Bedrockers" next Gig Sat 12th April Coogee Legions Club, 8pm...right on the beach. Come if you can!

ppps Happy Birthday Joseph Albeury, publisher and web media king, you are a great guy. ( Fancy being born on April Fools Day ? )

swisstek

swisstek

Reaction score
Terry, great presentation in Singapore, they should have put you on top of the list of the day! Anyway good to meet you personaly, we keep in touch. Again congrats. for your lecture!

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Terry, great presentation in Singapore, they should have put you on top of the list of the day! Anyway good to meet you personaly, we keep in touch. Again congrats. for your lecture!

Thanks, yes i think it should have been on first but the organisers are relatively new at this so its a learning experience for them. More people doing Dental Technology talks the better for all of us, and i always like to see not such a one sided view.
Great to meet you too! Hope we can catch up in the near future. Send me an email.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
What are we talking about?

Teach me something.
Maestro to release "user programable" scanner next month. Ability to program scanning strategies and save these.

Maestro3d.easy.dental.scan.scan.strategy2.png

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I can do that with any scanner.

Steinbichler has the scanning strategy in XML to edit the angulations and number of pics.

I am sure Medit does as well, but I never felt the need to look. I am happy with the stock scanning. ?

It is more of a hassle, but how often are we changing that? Adding a single scan manually does not take all that long.

Still, it is cool I guess? I had that with my $2900 NextEngine scanner Six years ago?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I can do that with any scanner.

Steinbichler has the scanning strategy in XML to edit the angulations and number of pics.

I am sure Medit does as well, but I never felt the need to look. I am happy with the stock scanning. ?

It is more of a hassle, but how often are we changing that? Adding a single scan manually does not take all that long.

Still, it is cool I guess? I had that with my $2900 NextEngine scanner Six years ago?

Yea i think it's a cool feature, just something else to mess with i suppose.

it also has multimode colour, so you select whatever colour you want to scan. Blue, Pink, Green with spots etc.

I will let you know how it goes , I will have one in a few weeks.

How is the move going?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I wonder where my co -conspirators are... it's ok anonymity is fine sometimes but they do need credit.
They are still laughing.Wait till you see what we have planned for next year.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
One of my greatest friends. Cheers Terry!!!

D

dentsma

Reaction score
chage MCXL into a Exocad MCXL,it may cost lots of fees.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH. why is the first post Mar 27? almost gave ma a heart attack!!!!!!

Top Bottom