Nesting Output in a Day

blackhawk201

blackhawk201

Reaction score
Okay so I am newer here and found great responses to my last thread. So thanks to everyone who replies. This site is a good place to discuss things and I figured throw out another question.

We have 5 millers in house, all roland mills. 4 are DWX 50, and we have 1 DWX52dc. We use millbox for software. What outputs should be possible with auto nesting? With 5 mills they seem to be always milling. A single FCZ posterior crown usually takes about 15-20 mins to mill. We use preshaded pucks so depending on if the shades are all different we mill one at a time. How many do you think is possible in an 8 hour day?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
when the discs are white assume a conservative 20units per disc. if 5 machines are full then 20 units x 1/3 hrs each = 6 2/3 hrs to complete 5x20 units.

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
any experience with the Roland DWX 4W?.Was told by the sales guy that it was not good.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Okay so I am newer here and found great responses to my last thread. So thanks to everyone who replies. This site is a good place to discuss things and I figured throw out another question.

We have 5 millers in house, all roland mills. 4 are DWX 50, and we have 1 DWX52dc. We use millbox for software. What outputs should be possible with auto nesting? With 5 mills they seem to be always milling. A single FCZ posterior crown usually takes about 15-20 mins to mill. We use preshaded pucks so depending on if the shades are all different we mill one at a time. How many do you think is possible in an 8 hour day?
i have a 51d and mill average 1-6units at a time. if youre doing this you should be able to have 26+ units per puck routinely. but....i dont auto nest. auto nesting wastes a ton of material. granted the labor is nesting is prob more expensive than the puck...but im a small operation and a few cents here and there add up. do you like millbox?

blackhawk201

blackhawk201

Reaction score
i have a 51d and mill average 1-6units at a time. if youre doing this you should be able to have 26+ units per puck routinely. but....i dont auto nest. auto nesting wastes a ton of material. granted the labor is nesting is prob more expensive than the puck...but im a small operation and a few cents here and there add up. do you like millbox?

I do like millbox, and we found auto nesting was better. We are not a small lab so work gets piled up if we manually nest. Yes we could get a few more units out of a puck but with the flow we have it would clog up there. When we started auto-nesting it sped the work up significantly.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I do like millbox, and we found auto nesting was better. We are not a small lab so work gets piled up if we manually nest. Yes we could get a few more units out of a puck but with the flow we have it would clog up there. When we started auto-nesting it sped the work up significantly.
how many units are you getting out of a puck if i may ask?

blackhawk201

blackhawk201

Reaction score
If it was all singles FCZs I would say we average 20-ish. I mean it depends highly on what cases we have. Copings can yield more per puck and full bridges mean we yield less. If we manually nested maybe i can squeeze 25 FCZ singles but again that takes more time and it would just slow us down.