A beginner with 3 shape software..

P

priyanka

Reaction score
hi,
i have scanned upper and lower impressions in the 3 shape E1 scanner. I do not have the bite registration. I'm using orthoanalyser. Is there a way I can skip the bite scan step and create the upper and lower models? And is there a way I can put the models together in occlusion and create a bite in the software? I am using this first time, can anyone help?
Thanks!

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Well, when you create the case in your scan manager, when creating a new model set that your going to scan make sure to uncheck the bite on the left hand side (Just like you can deselect the upper and lower models if it is single arch). Once you have both arches scanned in you can "Prepare Model Set" this is going to create your bases and usually throws you directly into the plane alignment. When you are at the plane alignment you can go to the workflow and select the first option, this lets you adjust the articulation and position of the models in relation to each other.It might be a bit tough to make the right bite yourself digitally but you can get it real close.

Did you want to make a physical bite for articulation afterwards? Or just a digital one? Unfortunately you have to set the positioning manually through the computer and it is tough to get it accurately, your best option since you have the models would be to scan the arches together or scan a bite.

P

priyanka

Reaction score
Well, when you create the case in your scan manager, when creating a new model set that your going to scan make sure to uncheck the bite on the left hand side (Just like you can deselect the upper and lower models if it is single arch). Once you have both arches scanned in you can "Prepare Model Set" this is going to create your bases and usually throws you directly into the plane alignment. When you are at the plane alignment you can go to the workflow and select the first option, this lets you adjust the articulation and position of the models in relation to each other.It might be a bit tough to make the right bite yourself digitally but you can get it real close.

Did you want to make a physical bite for articulation afterwards? Or just a digital one? Unfortunately you have to set the positioning manually through the computer and it is tough to get it accurately, your best option since you have the models would be to scan the arches together or scan a bite.
Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
There is no option to uncheck the bite anywhere. Sending the screen shot.

FqbFBf4

Kobra Kai

Kobra Kai

Reaction score
You can also adjust the bite as close as you can and optimize. This can help, but it isn't completely accurate 100% of the time but you can get really close. Unless there is a scan body present in the scan. In that case I would avoid optimizing because it will try to articulate to the top of the scan body leaving the bite open.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
There is no option to uncheck the bite anywhere. Sending the screen shot.

FqbFBf4

You might need to have your system updated, it didnt show up for me till the latest update of the software where the scan It software was replaced by the scan manager. Your new model set should look like this.

Bite scan.png