What do you guys think about this case?

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
So I got #8,#9 Laminate case today and first I thought it was going to be easy. Then when I was checking out the shades from the picture i sense big confusion coming at me. the stump for body #8, and #9 was different. The #9 has more brownish color. And left and right side of her anterior has different shades. At first i was planning to go monolithic with HT ingot something like A1 or D2 but I m not sure if HT ingot can give me that much translucency that patient has on her laterals. It looks lil grayish translucency and I know HT does have some grayish feeling. But even if HT ingot can give me that translucency the real problem is the body color. HT ingot wont be able to cover that brownish stump shade on #9 that #8 doesnt have. So should i go for MT ingot and just cutback and layered? What do you guys think? I was trying to go easy way with HT monolithic and stain if possible but not sure if it can be done. Any 2 cents are appreciated guys. ;)

Attachments

• InkedMPD_1859_resized Cover.jpg
    InkedMPD_1859_resized Cover.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 117
  • MPD_1856_resized.JPG
    MPD_1856_resized.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 120
  • MPD_1857_resized.JPG
    MPD_1857_resized.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 121
  • MPD_1858_resized.JPG
    MPD_1858_resized.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 100
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I agree with you, a ht ingot may not block the colors on #9. I'm not sure how thick a ht has to be to block that out?

A mt ingot may not be a bad idea if you're able to stain the core down and layer some inc on top. To bad they don't have a couple of low value shades in those ingots.

I have more experience with the LT ingots with this type of case. I'd tend to use a LT D2 ingot, thin it out to about 6-7ths, do a wash fire with some D shade stain in it, more towards the ging 1/2 and whatever you need for the inc 1/2 wash for its value and chroma. Then I would layer the leftover space with inc.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I concur with Car 54 and I would play it safe using LT ingots with porcelain and stains.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
For things like this I go old school. Foil, thin layer of opaciuos dentin for masking and then work my way outward.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
HT-B1 might work. That's what I use as monolithic when D2, D3 final shade is required. #10 has slight grey/brown in the middle third so should be a decent match.