3 Shape E3 Scan issue

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
ha no no I am not laughing at you.. Tech support consists of fixing the problems they know how to fix, not finding a solution to something they dont know. Technical counselor should be what its called.. because ultimately in the end they are consoling you that they cannot find an answer to help with your expensive purchase. I cant tell you how many dead ends Ive received asking for answers and how many times Ive had to explain that Ive already tried all the solutions theyre giving me. Not just talking about CAP.. but do you really expect zahn to do anything but sell something to you? Thats why youre asking here..

Another thing you might want to try changing is your die stone. What stone are you using? Fujirock works well in a 3shape as well as zhermack makes a stone specifically for scanning..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
....Tech support consists of fixing the problems they know how to fix, not finding a solution to something they dont know. Technical counselor should be what its called.. because ultimately in the end they are consoling you that they cannot find an answer to help ....

That's a Winner right there, let alone the rest of your post.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
3shape really is brilliant in the fact that they leave nearly all of their customer service/training/support to a 3rd party. All they do is refer you to a reseller, and most of them are totally clueless, youre better off asking actual users here. This is a huge problem to me.. Amann has tried doing the same thing. For example, AG will have no problem selling you a $6k furnace, but when it starts blowing elements every 6 months at $400 a pop, they just scratch their head and say its not covered under a warranty. I write the mfg of the elements, no response, or they will send a rep out (yeah right).. Buyer beware, youre in it alone for the most part, and dont expect that because it comes with a big price tag that someone is going to help you. Companies like zubler that have a dedicated, knowledgeable person like Chris can actually walk you through things because they know the product inside and out. Another great company is exocad, where you can actually talk 1:1 with the owner/developer, and where your problems will be fixed with real solutions. Try getting that out of 3shape..

J

jy147147

Reaction score
ha no no I am not laughing at you.. Tech support consists of fixing the problems they know how to fix, not finding a solution to something they dont know. Technical counselor should be what its called.. because ultimately in the end they are consoling you that they cannot find an answer to help with your expensive purchase. I cant tell you how many dead ends Ive received asking for answers and how many times Ive had to explain that Ive already tried all the solutions theyre giving me. Not just talking about CAP.. but do you really expect zahn to do anything but sell something to you? Thats why youre asking here..

Another thing you might want to try changing is your die stone. What stone are you using? Fujirock works well in a 3shape as well as zhermack makes a stone specifically for scanning..
I agree with you but at least they could told me this is normal for E3 scanner right away instantly. Don't you think they should know what is normal and abnormal instantly?
i been on the phone for hours for last couple of days it was crazy. I just spend last two days for nothing. Haha "what a waste of everyone's time"

thanks for the advice and replies all of you

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Is the die coated with a hardener of sorts, maybe a sealant?

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Is the die coated with a hardener of sorts, maybe a sealant?
i applied regular wax. once i applied cadcam scanner wax it is a lot better. I was not happy about response from tech support not scanner itself.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I agree with you but at least they could told me this is normal for E3 scanner right away instantly. Don't you think they should know what is normal and abnormal instantly?
The expectation that a manufacturer be a knowledgable user is reasonable, but no longer realistic. For an example, I was trained to fix 10 key calculators, but don't ask me to do anything with it.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
i applied regular wax. once i applied cadcam scanner wax it is a lot better. I was not happy about response from tech support not scanner itself.
And the setting for the scanner on the dies is on speed or detail? I set everything to detail, cause bbn in the end you maybe got 2 more cases scanned in with all the time you think yo uh can save on speed mode. Stay an extra 10 to 15 min at the end of the day, its not gonna break the bank.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

J

jy147147

Reaction score
The expectation that a manufacturer be a knowledgable user is reasonable, but no longer realistic. For an example, I was trained to fix 10 key calculators, but don't ask me to do anything with it.
just realized my expectation was too high

J

jy147147

Reaction score
And the setting for the scanner on the dies is on speed or detail? I set everything to detail, cause bbn in the end you maybe got 2 more cases scanned in with all the time you think yo uh can save on speed mode. Stay an extra 10 to 15 min at the end of the day, its not gonna break the bank.

it seems same if i scan with speed or detail. CAP and 3 shape tried and it still the same. I am guessing it is totally normal. i milled several zirconia crowns and fitting seems ok so far.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
It's not the scanner. The E3 is way more accurate than the 500! Make sure you have spray and calibrate.

A

adl

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having issue with E3 scanner not sure it is computer or scanner itself.

texture is not smooth where i applied wax and it only doing it when it scan die only

attached DCM files from E3 and D500 to compare

Please take a look and let me know if it is normal.

It looks like CAP and 3 Shape tech people claim it is normal for 27000 dollar scanner.

they spend for 2 days to figure it out it is normal behavior.

I thought this brand new E3 scanner has more accuracy then D500 ?

Or am I just stupid person that does not know anything about 3shape scnner ?

Hello,

I am having issue with E3 scanner not sure it is computer or scanner itself.

texture is not smooth where i applied wax and it only doing it when it scan die only

attached DCM files from E3 and D500 to compare

Please take a look and let me know if it is normal.

It looks like CAP and 3 Shape tech people claim it is normal for 27000 dollar scanner.

they spend for 2 days to figure it out it is normal behavior.

I thought this brand new E3 scanner has more accuracy then D500 ?

Or am I just stupid person that does not know anything about 3shape scnner ?
Why are you applying wax on the die?

J

jy147147

Reaction score
The software does it automatically, you don’t need to do it manually
Oh I See. I did not know that, I always applied wax on the undercut. I wish CAP and 3 Shape told me that..... thanks

A

adl

Reaction score
Oh I See. I did not know that, I always applied wax on the undercut. I wish CAP and 3 Shape told me that..... thanks
You are welcome , it’ll save you a lot of time and headache. Just make sure your path of insertion is right

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You can also sculpt on die in the margin and die spacer section of design. It is right above the margin button on the left. Use the wax knife and add to the scan.

J

jy147147

Reaction score
You can also sculpt on die in the margin and die spacer section of design. It is right above the margin button on the left. Use the wax knife and add to the scan.

I knew about it but have not really tried yet. thanks