Roland dwx50 issue

H

Hds

Reaction score
hello, recently when I mill with my Roland dwx50 it is cutting off the cusp of the crowns. In hyper dent the preview is showing the crowns as well within the boundaries of the disk. Anyone have any idea as to why this is occurring?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
hello, recently when I mill with my Roland dwx50 it is cutting off the cusp of the crowns. In hyper dent the preview is showing the crowns as well within the boundaries of the disk. Anyone have any idea as to why this is occurring?
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Couple ideas to check first for the easy stuff.

Are you running a simulation, or just looking at the nesting screen and skipping that? Does the simulation show what you are getting as a result?

How long has this been happening? Just start? Is it the cusp of every crown you mill being removed, or just some. If some only, is there a pattern you can see to which are truncated?

When was it last calibrated.

How tall are are the finished crowns to be verses the disk height?If a 9.9mm crown is to be the sintered result, you'll need more than a 10mm puck to allow for the sintering shrinkage. And this can be the result of that.

I know it isn't much, but that's about as much 'help' as I can offer.

H

Hds

Reaction score
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Couple ideas to check first for the easy stuff.

Are you running a simulation, or just looking at the nesting screen and skipping that? Does the simulation show what you are getting as a result?

How long has this been happening? Just start? Is it the cusp of every crown you mill being removed, or just some. If some only, is there a pattern you can see to which are truncated?

When was it last calibrated.

How tall are are the finished crowns to be verses the disk height?If a 9.9mm crown is to be the sintered result, you'll need more than a 10mm puck to allow for the sintering shrinkage. And this can be the result of that.

I know it isn't much, but that's about as much 'help' as I can offer.

Thank you for the reply, it only occurs on some crown (ex: I cut four crowns and two had issues, there doesn't seem to be a pattern. I calibrated it just prior to milling. Additionally, the disk height should be sufficient for the crowns cut.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Bur slipping out of the collett?

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Do your disks have plastic rings or zirconia? We had an issue awhile back where the rings were tilted from the manufacturer.

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
sounds like you might have generated a file for one size disk and then put a smaller size disk in machine to mill. Reason I say this is because sometime back, i was on vacation and the person filling in for me ended up grabbing a 14mm disc and inputted it in the system as a 16mm by accident so when i generated a file to mill when I got back, and cusp tips were flattened and i couldnt figure out why until i checked what size disc was entered in system and what size disc was actually being used, and thats when I noticed the difference. If this is not the issue for you then I would double check to make sure your y-axis is right. We had a Roland DWX-50 that worked great for about 6 months to a year and then things just went down hill. Units were milling all rough even though it was calibrated, and found out we had worn bearing which was throwing off the machine during milling. Fix that and then more bearing inside spindle box got worn. Dont get me wrong its a nice work horse but you have to maintain it well to keep it around for sometime, but as for your issue I would check all the basic things first before thinking you have a major issue. hope this helps

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
sounds like you might have generated a file for one size disk and then put a smaller size disk in machine to mill. Reason I say this is because sometime back, i was on vacation and the person filling in for me ended up grabbing a 14mm disc and inputted it in the system as a 16mm by accident so when i generated a file to mill when I got back, and cusp tips were flattened and i couldnt figure out why until i checked what size disc was entered in system and what size disc was actually being used, and thats when I noticed the difference. If this is not the issue for you then I would double check to make sure your y-axis is right. We had a Roland DWX-50 that worked great for about 6 months to a year and then things just went down hill. Units were milling all rough even though it was calibrated, and found out we had worn bearing which was throwing off the machine during milling. Fix that and then more bearing inside spindle box got worn. Dont get me wrong its a nice work horse but you have to maintain it well to keep it around for sometime, but as for your issue I would check all the basic things first before thinking you have a major issue. hope this helps

H

Hds

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the great helpful replies! I ended up solving the problem, It turned out to be some mistakes made in the cam software.

userdental

userdental

Reaction score
¿can anyone supply or sell me, technical service manual Roland DWX-50

Top Bottom