iTero Implant Model?

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Hey guys. So, we received an implant case via iTero with two implants. I've never dealt with an implant case from iTero, so I'm a little concerned about the workflow. The RX says they're OsseoSpeed TX 3.5,

upload_2018-4-19_9-28-13.png

My question is, will iTero do the model work for this and send it to us with the proper analog in place, or would we have better luck importing the stls and doing the model work ourselves with our 3D printer, and buying the proper analogs ourselves?

I ask mostly because I've heard conflicting things about whether or not iTero will make implant models.

Thanks yall

Kobra Kai

Kobra Kai

Reaction score
Itero will not give you analog models to my knowledge. They will just make a die out of the flos.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
neat. guess I'll just print it myself to save the hassle either way.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Hey guys. So, we received an implant case via iTero with two implants. I've never dealt with an implant case from iTero, so I'm a little concerned about the workflow. The RX says they're OsseoSpeed TX 3.5,

View attachment 29680

My question is, will iTero do the model work for this and send it to us with the proper analog in place, or would we have better luck importing the stls and doing the model work ourselves with our 3D printer, and buying the proper analogs ourselves?

I ask mostly because I've heard conflicting things about whether or not iTero will make implant models.

Thanks yall

Depends on what company’s IO scan bodies your doc is using.

If your Doc uses Straumann scan bodies, you would get a model with a socket compatible with Straumann’s analogs which you would purchase from them. With Atlantis IO scan bodies, you would receive an Itero model with a die which replicates the abutment that Atlantis mills. With Biomet, you also receive an Itero model with a die that replicates the abutment.

You have to follow each manufacturer’s workflow to get your abutment. One exception is with Atlantis. They have IO scan bodies for just about any manufacturer which helps to simplify things. Maybe a little more expensive but it’s fast.

Core 3D used to print Itero models with sockets for various manufacturers but have since abandoned that workflow I’m pretty sure.

There may be other options for getting what you want, but I would think it would have to start using one of Itero’s established workflows.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I always create a new order, digital model set the order up as needed and check gingival scan and import all the needed files from the itero case and proceed as normal. This way i can smooth down then scan bodies out of the scan or sometime that get removed via the software automatically, NOT as easy as a trios case. But manageable.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
I always create a new order, digital model set the order up as needed and check gingival scan and import all the needed files from the itero case and proceed as normal. This way i can smooth down then scan bodies out of the scan or sometime that get removed via the software automatically, NOT as easy as a trios case. But manageable.

That sounds better than dealing with whatever iTero sends back to me.

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom