3Shape E3 buy now or later?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think 3 Shape just sweetened the pot on their software.
Maybe someone in Chicago could verify but I think I heard all modules for $2500?

C

charles007

Reaction score
FYI New version of Exocad being released, 2.2 Update.
New release will be shown in Chicago.
Sneak preview, New free HD tooth library, New Contact Point tools, Smarter approximal adaptation,
Improved rendering of textured/colored scans from intra-oral and face scans.

All Medit Scanners, scanning software comes with free updates !

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
FYI New version of Exocad being released, 2.2 Update.
New release will be shown in Chicago.
Sneak preview, New free HD tooth library, New Contact Point tools, Smarter approximal adaptation,
Improved rendering of textured/colored scans from intra-oral and face scans.

All Medit Scanners, scanning software comes with free updates !
@Glenn Kennedy this true? all medits have free updates? just for this update or for all updates?
thanks for the info @charles007

C

charles007

Reaction score
@Glenn Kennedy this true? all medits have free updates? just for this update or for all updates?
thanks for the info @charles007

Sorry, I wasn't crystal clear on updates.
Medit scanners come with colLab scanning software which updates are free.
The cad designing software is separate and called Exocad. Exocad has yearly fees for the newest Updates and can be renewed if wanted or not.
Exocad software continues to work without renewing every year. Should you skip a year and decide you want the latest Exocad Updates you must pay for past years or months of unpaid updates.
I have friends with Medit and DOF scanners and both are great scanners. Can't go wrong buying either scanner. Also have friends that used 3shape for years and grew tired of the high cost of 3shapes license fees. They now have DOF and Medit scanners and like Exocad software much better. Several labs told me you can do more with Exocad plus the huge cost saving of Updates.
Over the years I've yet to hear any ex-3shape user regret switching to Exocad. Just saying !

Edit: Exocad does have scanning software(ExoScan) and free, but I stopped using once I bought my last Medit scanner and now using Medit colLab scan software.
Weeks ago I recommended to a friend to buy the DOF scanner from Axsys Dental Solutions. You can't go wrong from buying from one of our great dln Sponsors.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
The cad designing software is separate and called Exocad. Exocad has yearly fees for the newest Updates and can be renewed if wanted or not.
Exocad software continues to work without renewing every year. Should you skip a year and decide you want the latest Exocad Updates you must pay for past years of unpaid updates.
I have friends with Medit and DOF scanners and both are great scanners. Can't go wrong buying either scanner. Also have friends that used 3shape for years and grew tired of the high cost of 3shapes license fees. They now have DOF and Medit scanners and like Exocad software much better. Several labs told me you can do more with Exocad plus the huge cost saving of Updates.
Over the years I've yet to hear any ex-3shape user regret switching to Exocad. Just saying !

Edit: Exocad does have scanning software but I stopped using once I bought my last Medit scanner and now using Medit colLab scan software.
ok thanks, that makes more sense! haha

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Exocad software continues to work without renewing every year. Should you skip a year and decide you want the latest Exocad Updates you must pay for past years or months of unpaid updates.

Edit: Exocad does have scanning software(ExoScan) and free, but I stopped using once I bought my last Medit scanner and now using Medit colLab scan software.
Weeks ago I recommended to a friend to buy the DOF scanner from Axsys Dental Solutions. You can't go wrong from buying from one of our great dln Sponsors.
Looking for next scanner and trying to figure a way to minimize model work and help with or increased workload. Model work has become such a chokepoint and headache. Most claim impression scanning abilities but the medit's impression scanning with plaster die seems like a good and workable compromise if it actually works, then print the models if needed. Keeps model work to mostly just dies. Does anyone have any experience with doing this successfully?
Double-Sided+Impression+and+Plaster+Stump.png

Double-Sided Impression and Plaster Stump
This feature makes it easy to overcome the difficulty of checking the margin of preparation teeth on the impression. Medit combines data from your stone die with data from the impression scan to provide you with the crisp, accurate margins your work demands.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone? Crickets....
ive yet to hear one that completely removes the need for model work.
there are plenty of options that can minimize it though. we are in the same boat and are shopping for something similar this year. getting away from 3shape though and will go with exocad more than likely

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Buy now, complete restorative is only 2500 a year for all modules minus implant studio and ortho analyzer. You get premium design, implant design, implant bar/bridge, rpd, denture and all scan model builder all for 2500 a year. We just got out quote from Argen and man is it very competitive in pricing. 3Shape is really making a push in pricing changes.

Top Bottom