Emax over titanium abutment

D

dtdon

Reaction score
Any suggestions for blocking out titanium color under a emax screw retained crown? Haven't had much luck with using MO layered . Didn't block out enough. Has anyone tried Emax over gold colored titanium abutments?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Any suggestions for blocking out titanium color under a emax screw retained crown? Haven't had much luck with using MO layered . Didn't block out enough. Has anyone tried Emax over gold colored titanium abutments?

we do emax over Ti abutments all the time. literally working on one now. even use HT ingots from time to time if theres enough room....more often than not, MT or LT ingots. no blockout issues if theres room. if limited clearance or anterior with translucent tissue, anadize the abutment yellow or pink. then ivoclar makes cements for blocking out dark stumps. use their HO white cement. done deal.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I have heard of a product called Metabond, that is tooth coloured that you can put on the Ti to cover the metal. No first hand experience of it though

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
we do emax over Ti abutments all the time. literally working on one now. even use HT ingots from time to time if theres enough room....more often than not, MT or LT ingots. no blockout issues if theres room. if limited clearance or anterior with translucent tissue, anadize the abutment yellow or pink. then ivoclar makes cements for blocking out dark stumps. use their HO white cement. done deal.

Is the Ivoclar Multilink enough to block out the Ti? I have some here, its pretty much chalk white. but the space between the ti and the crown is microns thick...

D

dtdon

Reaction score
My main focus are anterior. I have had a few thin ones that had show through problems. Thanks for the suggestions.

D

dtdon

Reaction score
I have heard of a product called Metabond, that is tooth coloured that you can put on the Ti to cover the metal. No first hand experience of it though
I'll check it out . Thanks

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Check the mpa of the bond strength to Ti. I've tried a few products that debond easily from the abutment yet are still adhered to the crown.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Yes if you use the HO

c93e9b76d78d037544c64e03c279e6f7.jpg

Exactly what I have.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Is the Ivoclar Multilink enough to block out the Ti? I have some here, its pretty much chalk white. but the space between the ti and the crown is microns thick...
yep, should do the trick

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
My main focus are anterior. I have had a few thin ones that had show through problems. Thanks for the suggestions.

let us know how and what you do!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Check the mpa of the bond strength to Ti. I've tried a few products that debond easily from the abutment yet are still adhered to the crown.

Maybe Z-Prime Plus on the abutment?

S

slotboom.f

Reaction score
Anodizing and cementing is the best solution because it does not use another (often weaker) layer in between. I tried several metal primers and opaques and also baking opaque on titanium and from there on modeling your ceramic structure.
However making the abutment and structure the right way is the most important part.
Practically said you at worst only need 1.2 mm for your ceramics to not have it influenced from what is under it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Do you still have to etch the EMAX?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Mike Dominguez for the northwest(is he on here?) showed me a technique where you put composite opaque on a Titanium abutment and the make your Emax crown. We've done it dozens of times now and there are no issues.

J

jhag47

Reaction score
I use z-prime & multilink, it totally hides the metal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

C

CKRDL

Reaction score

The minimum thickness of the emax LD needs to be .5mm. The HO0 Multilink Abutment Cement is advertised as being the most opacious cement available. It's works well. Panavia "Opaque" self curing cement also delivers excellent results.

Top Bottom