Scanning Straumann SC abutments

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Is anyone have problems scanning for Straumann's new SC abutments? These abutments are small and great for narrow mesial-distal spaces. I am running into issues with my scanner being able to capture the entire scan body. This is because the space is narrow and the scanner isn't picking up the entire scan body and makes the meshing process not work properly. I feel like they need a better design on their scan body for these implants.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Scan body only needs to have the top cap mainly sscanned with the flast surface for alignment everything else doenst matte t. I have done maybe 5 so fasr nonissues on a d700.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
No issues, even doing layered ti with them

J

JustDavid

Reaction score
Scan body only needs to have the top cap mainly sscanned with the flast surface for alignment everything else doenst matte t. I have done maybe 5 so fasr nonissues on a d700.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spot on, with the Straumann Scanbody you don’t even need the full top surface just some and the flat side.
With the SC is a unique point that the flat side of the scanbody defines the direction on the oval Ti-Base.

Something too look out for especially when receiving IOScans as it can’t be changed afterwards.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Oval ti base? What am I missing here?
It looks, acts, fits like an NC and RC

J

JustDavid

Reaction score
Oval ti base? What am I missing here?
It looks, acts, fits like an NC and RC

That’s the Straumann SC Variobase, Rotation stop on the wide shoulder to have it best fit these tight spaces on lateral and lower front.

d1b27f983d25eb060b75c4bd7e14e4f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom