HOW DO YOU MAKE GOOD MESIAL/DISTAL CONTACTS USING DENTAL WINGS SOFTWARE>?

A

AKDental

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had some tips using DENTAL WINGS SOFTWARE. It seems like my
mesial and distal interproximal contacts are never good and i always have to adjust them
after sintered because they are usually too tight and the crown will not draw until i open it up a little...
so my current method is too extend the crown a little past the adjacent and then i use the
software to "adjust proximal areas". That's basically jhow i do it. But i would like to have the crown be able to just drop into the model but never happens. i feel like there is probably an easy way to do it using the
software autofeatures but i am new to dental wings and am not sure.

A

AKDental

Reaction score
oh and also does anyone know how to make good occlusal contacts?? like for side to side and diagonal etc movement of the teeth?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
oh and also does anyone know how to make good occlusal contacts?? like for side to side and diagonal etc movement of the teeth?
Do you mean to keep contact in excursive movements?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
But in all seriousness, Dental Wings has some great features. The Virtual Articulator, for example, is really good at doing FREAKING NOTHING.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had some tips using DENTAL WINGS SOFTWARE. It seems like my
mesial and distal interproximal contacts are never good and i always have to adjust them
after sintered because they are usually too tight and the crown will not draw until i open it up a little...
so my current method is too extend the crown a little past the adjacent and then i use the
software to "adjust proximal areas". That's basically jhow i do it. But i would like to have the crown be able to just drop into the model but never happens. i feel like there is probably an easy way to do it using the
software autofeatures but i am new to dental wings and am not sure.

Sounds like you are leaving areas of the contact extending below the height of contour on the adjacent contacts. If you are going to "extend the crown a little past the adjacent" , you need to make sure to reduce or flatten any areas that are extending too far towards the gingival. In other words, adjust any red areas of the extension so that all the red contact areas are higher up toward the marginal ridges before using the "adjust proximal areas".

A

AKDental

Reaction score
ok i think i get what you are saying. I will try that thank you very much.

A

AKDental

Reaction score
Do you mean to keep contact in excursive movements?
sorry but my dental terminology is not so great. But i am talking about the occlusal contact that you would need to eliminate if you
were using a physical articulator and grabbing the top and bottom arches and kinda smushing them together as well as sideways with a
piece of marking paper/ribbon so you can grind off anything that touches...

A

AKDental

Reaction score
thats funny bryce. and i kinda agree. dental wings does work but i am not totally satisfied as of yet.....
oh and yes, i have been using the virtual articulator a lot for all the cases where the
dentist requested a "freaking nothing". Works great for that! hehe

Top Bottom