Comparision Roland DWX50 Vs. other milling system

B

bangnv

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been known that beside Roland DWX50 was used in CAD/CAM Dental milling, we also have other cad/cam dental milling in the world. But I want to have marketing for Roland DWX50 to sell our product. Please help me to have a comparison among Roland vs. other dental milling (as Lava, Katana, Venus, Laser denlta)? Software to use at each system, material, strength, translucent, accuracy..thanks.
Bang

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
we are one of 5 people in canada to have bought the Laserdenta scan and mill system. we do not like it. period. added to that, now Laserdenta USA (and canada) support has gone through major changes. i feel it isnt a competing system for your business.

consider other roland products or kavo.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been known that beside Roland DWX50 was used in CAD/CAM Dental milling, we also have other cad/cam dental milling in the world. But I want to have marketing for Roland DWX50 to sell our product. Please help me to have a comparison among Roland vs. other dental milling (as Lava, Katana, Venus, Laser denlta)? Software to use at each system, material, strength, translucent, accuracy..thanks.
Bang
You are comparing open and closed systems. Roland will not market zirconia for you because they don't make or sell zirconia. Being open you can put most any 98mm puck in it. You can select a material based on many factors. If you want the most marketed material than you can go with Bruxzir. We sell it as well as Glidewell. It comes in 98mm pucks and you can put it in any mill that holds this size puck.
Buying closed can limit you in the future. If you buy a mill that is closed to materials and the next great material becomes available you can be locked out. Then, you have two choices. Buy another mill or you can't offer the new best thing.
I think it's best to buy open architect cad cam components. Then your wide open on material selection now and in the future.
I'm sure you can get more opinions on this.
What do you all have to say?

B

bangnv

Reaction score
we are one of 5 people in canada to have bought the Laserdenta scan and mill system. we do not like it. period. added to that, now Laserdenta USA (and canada) support has gone through major changes. i feel it isnt a competing system for your business.

consider other roland products or kavo.
Hi, can you tell me some points that you don't like Laserdenta system? Thanks.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
CAD is only 32-bit software.

They need more $$ to fund all new software, or they may just offer exocad and be done with it?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, can you tell me some points that you don't like Laserdenta system? Thanks.

you can find my issues with the OpenScan system here: http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/f33/laserdenta-open-system-8720/#post45957

my concerns for the milling machine are highly subjective however; our mill has had an intermittent issue of being "stuck" randomly like the motor encoders have lost their position. it has brought us nothing but grief for the past several months. added to that the support for the machine only comes from germany now. we've been trying to get software updates, to no avail.

all my wizardry cannot fix this screwup.

B

bangnv

Reaction score
You are comparing open and closed systems. Roland will not market zirconia for you because they don't make or sell zirconia. Being open you can put most any 98mm puck in it. You can select a material based on many factors. If you want the most marketed material than you can go with Bruxzir. We sell it as well as Glidewell. It comes in 98mm pucks and you can put it in any mill that holds this size puck.
Buying closed can limit you in the future. If you buy a mill that is closed to materials and the next great material becomes available you can be locked out. Then, you have two choices. Buy another mill or you can't offer the new best thing.
I think it's best to buy open architect cad cam components. Then your wide open on material selection now and in the future.
I'm sure you can get more opinions on this.
What do you all have to say?
I know they are open system. But i want to compare Roland milling machine with other milling machines (same open system). What is the most advantage of Roland DWX50 with other?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Mills in this price range are not all that dissimilar. One of the biggest difference's would be 4 or 5 axis.
In addition to this it become a question of support, optimization and integration.
For instance, CAP Complete includes 3Shape, Sum 3D CAM and the Roland. You can check out all the features here. CAP Complete - Integrated CAD / CAM Solution
On the 3Shape side we have developed a world class anatomic library. This dramatically improves the quality of the contour you design, in addition it gets you to this final design using fewer mouse clicks.
The CAM (Sum 3 D) has been optimized to use a 0.3mm tool to go through the anatomy providing the detail that that's included in the library. Most mills smallest tool size is either 0.6 or 1mm.
On the milling side we have found great award winning zirconia (CAP FZ) and worked out a multi coloring process that is included in the training when someone buys from CAP. The zirconia is made in Germany and is very price competitive as long as you don't compare it to zirconia made in China. This is rounded out with PMMA in every vita shade, wax for casting and or pressing and a white for diagnostic wax ups as well as tools.
Another significant difference is Roland's 2 Year guarantee. Most mills are 1 year.
The last item is support. CAP currently has 3 full time support staff with 2 additional people that back up in the support area. We will likely be adding a 4th full time person in the fist qtr. 2013. Our support goal is to answer every call as it comes in and we track the metrics of this in addition to tracking the all problems until resolved.
I really didn't mean this to come off as a sales pitch, but many of the differences in mills priced in this range are more about the company you buy from than the actual mill. In conclusion it's really about optimization, manufacturer guarantee and support. Lastly, I believe mills manufactured in Germany, Japan, and Switzerland are generally know as having the best quality build.
Hope this helps,
Happy new year,
Bob

B

bangnv

Reaction score
Mills in this price range are not all that dissimilar. One of the biggest difference's would be 4 or 5 axis.
In addition to this it become a question of support, optimization and integration.
For instance, CAP Complete includes 3Shape, Sum 3D CAM and the Roland. You can check out all the features here. CAP Complete - Integrated CAD / CAM Solution
On the 3Shape side we have developed a world class anatomic library. This dramatically improves the quality of the contour you design, in addition it gets you to this final design using fewer mouse clicks.
The CAM (Sum 3 D) has been optimized to use a 0.3mm tool to go through the anatomy providing the detail that that's included in the library. Most mills smallest tool size is either 0.6 or 1mm.
On the milling side we have found great award winning zirconia (CAP FZ) and worked out a multi coloring process that is included in the training when someone buys from CAP. The zirconia is made in Germany and is very price competitive as long as you don't compare it to zirconia made in China. This is rounded out with PMMA in every vita shade, wax for casting and or pressing and a white for diagnostic wax ups as well as tools.
Another significant difference is Roland's 2 Year guarantee. Most mills are 1 year.
The last item is support. CAP currently has 3 full time support staff with 2 additional people that back up in the support area. We will likely be adding a 4th full time person in the fist qtr. 2013. Our support goal is to answer every call as it comes in and we track the metrics of this in addition to tracking the all problems until resolved.
I really didn't mean this to come off as a sales pitch, but many of the differences in mills priced in this range are more about the company you buy from than the actual mill. In conclusion it's really about optimization, manufacturer guarantee and support. Lastly, I believe mills manufactured in Germany, Japan, and Switzerland are generally know as having the best quality build.
Hope this helps,
Happy new year,
Bob

Thanks Bob and happy new year!
Bang

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Top Bottom