OrokuSaki

Reaction score

For this I needed:
InLab 3.80 with a dongle that allows milling
Cerec MCXL
Dentero CDT Converter

This restoration was created on a Trios
Digital Impression Taking

I have been trying one of the smaller cerec machines but I get an error.. Going to mess with that this weekend, to see if its possible..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It goes like this:
Create an impression in Trios.. Export to STL.
Use Dentero to convert the STL to CDT
Import the CDT into Inlab.
Mill.

Last edited by a moderator:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
cool.

What is Dentero?

Explain. What else can it do?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score

For this I needed:
InLab 3.80 with a dongle that allows milling
Cerec MCXL
Dentero CDT Converter

This restoration was created on a Trios
Digital Impression Taking

I have been trying one of the smaller cerec machines but I get an error.. Going to mess with that this weekend, to see if its possible..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It goes like this:
Create an impression in Trios.. Export to STL.
Use Dentero to convert the STL to CDT
Import the CDT into Inlab.
Mill.

Cool, but isn't the objective to move AWAY from the Sirona design software? Scan, design in 3Shape and mill the STL on the inLab?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Cool, but isn't the objective to move AWAY from the Sirona design software? Scan, design in 3Shape and mill the STL on the inLab?

Is this even possible?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Is this even possible?

Not that I know of...I know there is a way to open up the mill but I haven't figured anything out yet. I've seen videos of the mills being controlled by 3rd party software.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Hallo, you can scan and design in any Software your given a STL file ( Best is getting an Wieland output format from 3shape or DW ). Than convert in dentero - mill in Sirona 3.xx. I`ve done it and it works well.
Tom

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Hallo, you can scan and design in any Software your given a STL file ( Best is getting an Wieland output format from 3shape or DW ). Than convert in dentero - mill in Sirona 3.xx. I`ve done it and it works well.
Tom

OK, I see what you mean. Too bad the Wieland output option can only be requested by Wieland though and they most likely won't give you it unless you are a customer. The Glidewell CAD output is similar also, STL files in multiple pieces and that's a lot easier to get.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
But I still don't get it? OK so you have got some very nice scan data and then you want to convert that .stl so that it can be milled in a Sirona system!!!! It makes no sence. the milling is very poor and well WHY would you want to?. Sorry just dont get it at all. If you could force the system to work off sum3D then do some sort of laser calibration during its milling cycle then OK but thats a lot of messing about. Pete

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
But I still don't get it? OK so you have got some very nice scan data and then you want to convert that .stl so that it can be milled in a Sirona system!!!! It makes no sence. the milling is very poor and well WHY would you want to?. Sorry just dont get it at all. If you could force the system to work off sum3D then do some sort of laser calibration during its milling cycle then OK but thats a lot of messing about. Pete

It doesn't make sense - unless you want to mill glass and you want to offer faster turnaround on a crown. I know a lot of people who want to mill emax even though it's cheaper and more accurate to press....

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
anyone have a copy i can play around with? I'd love to run some tests

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I doubt your going to get a free copy to "play" with.

That's not how software usually work. I'm sure the developer was hoping to actually sell it. LOL

Dentero Ltd.

Yea, i was just hoping to see if anyone had it laying around and would be willing to share it....

O

OrokuSaki

Reaction score
I doubt your going to get a free copy to "play" with.

That's not how software usually work. I'm sure the developer was hoping to actually sell it. LOL

Dentero Ltd.

It is interesting how the licensing works... It could be harder to beat... Strange... I almost wonder if they are in business because their facebook was taken offline.

O

OrokuSaki

Reaction score
Tom

Is dentero still serving the usa?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Is dentero still serving the usa?

I think they just got shut down. Sirona probably hit them with a cease and desist..? I don't know but this is on the site:

The Dentero project unfortunately has been terminated. If there are any support questions, please contact directly to the development department: [email protected]

The Dentero Team thanks all its customers and friends for the trust, the great support and cooperation.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I know a lot of doctors who were about to snatch up those eBay MCXL's and get 3Shape software with this module, sucks they are gone now.

R

Roberto

Reaction score
I'm sure they were doing a great job to help people, Then Sirona shut them down.
Anyone has the software to share?

Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
Wow:dance::dance: it's fantastic, Orokusaki, please share as your dentero.....:eyebrows::eyebrows:

O

OrokuSaki

Reaction score
hastebin

This is the Dentero CDT Converter. It converts STL files to CDT so you can mill them in InLAB 3.8.. On an MCXL.

https://anonfiles.com/file/08c158aec5acff9ffbce91602abfbf4c

double click on dentero.reg to import the registry keys.. look inside the file called macaddress for the mac address you should have the network card set to. Dentero should only see 1 network card's mac address inside the computer.

Enjoy guys.. :cool:

Post your.. results.. of what you think. It is German.

They seem to be "offline forever".. so here it is.

Last edited:
Tero

Tero

Reaction score
Hi.

Dentero works to me only with copings and crowns. There is only coping template in software??
Do someone have more templates to this?

I have millied few crowns so far and results are quite good.

Tero