characterized dentures

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Some pics of a recent case. I'm open to critics as long as you do it nicely.
ai1172.photobucket.com_albums_r576_Dkuny_photo_1.jpg
ai1172.photobucket.com_albums_r576_Dkuny_photo_3.jpg
ai1172.photobucket.com_albums_r576_Dkuny_photo.jpg
ai1172.photobucket.com_albums_r576_Dkuny_photo_1.jpg ai1172.photobucket.com_albums_r576_Dkuny_photo_3.jpg ai1172.photobucket.com_albums_r576_Dkuny_photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Looks nice but the pict is kind of small to see is the border clear? It would appear the opposing was a natural dentition. Posteriors look like the Jenson Creapearl I've been using them over implants nice size to hide things inside of. in photobucket resize to 480/600.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Looks great Smilesetter...The pink based set looks very youthful and the other one looks like an eclipse style denture....I am also assuming they are single uppers against natural lowers...I just inserted one of those today...Take care....DS

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Clear processed base, similar to eclipse technique, but with Probase. I don't like the fit, or the bubbles of the eclipse resin.

Single upper using Physiodens by Vident. Very natural looking teeth and quite durable.

These are for my brother's high school buddy. Lately I've been putting a lot of focus on gingival coloring. (and I guess I need to spend some time on posting pics.):confused:

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
i think it looks excellent in the hand.
would love to see it in the mouth?

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Clear processed base, similar to eclipse technique, but with Probase. I don't like the fit, or the bubbles of the eclipse resin.

Single upper using Physiodens by Vident. Very natural looking teeth and quite durable.

These are for my brother's high school buddy. Lately I've been putting a lot of focus on gingival coloring. (and I guess I need to spend some time on posting pics.):confused:

Nicely done. What gingival coloring system are you using, and could you describe your method?

Nice finish on the acrylic. Shiny without losing definition.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Excellent job my western brother.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
I used to use enigma colour tone, but I found some of the colors were grainy, and the monomer for it is hard to find in Canada(regular monomer causes too much movement) I have recently started using Candulor color set easy (hot). I "salt and pepper" contrary to Candulor's instructions then let it sit on a warm boil out tank while I mix the base acrylic. I add acrylic in small increments during packing so there is no flash to push out the color. The contouring and texturing, I have been doing in the wax, but sometimes if it comes back for an adjustment and it is gross, I will polish down the stippling and redo it with a stripling bur(or none at all). When I polish a case like this I use a black brush and relience pumice then to polish I use that pink cream stuff (KMG?) from Candulor. These cases have been my passion for the last few months, but would love to make them better. I need to start learning to match them to existing gingiva and staining teeth.
BTW thanks John for fixing the images!

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
I feel that it would be hard to cover a clear base. Anytime clear is placed in the mouth, it becomes grey. IMO, that would give a darken effect if
visible from the facial, especially if you didnt get it covered with the tinting. What I have found is that tissue is not transparent as our acrylics can be.
Trying to cover the apical ( neck of the tooth) without showing through was the hardest. I now use 5 different shades to create the effect that I am pleased
with and is very consistent time after time. Using a lighter or darker base shade ( Ivocap injected) also creates a different effect. Also when tinting Asian,
African Americans, etc., using the same tinting shades, plus black, and brown. As in the second photo above of Smilestyler, would have used a light pink shade of the papilla,
and accented it with a darker red distally to it. Anytime a papilla is pulled, stretched etc. it turns more white than red. Another suggestion would be to use a bit more red
through out the prosthesis, and maybe not carry the inter-proximal areas of tissue down as far on the tooth. I do like the stippling effect, and contours. I have used Kay-See,
and Enigma...I agree, totally look grainy. Have not tried Candulors tinting, looks pretty good.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
yeah the labial frenum looks inflamed. Im going to redo that at the next recall. I should get some new pictures of stuff. I am liking the candulor stuff better as I get more familiar with it. and it looks better IMO

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
I like it.

It looks nice and it is nice to see people who are trying to match the nature. No matter of the material.
As soon I have seen your pictures I have grabed my camera and made a few pictures of a similar case, just to see it, how my case looks trough the eyes of the lens :)

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6790_zps907a5599.jpg

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6791_zps2ebf8ffa.jpg

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6792_zpsb7912ec1.jpg

ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6794_zps79439cb5.jpg

And yes, we will all get better if we work this way :)

Regards
ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6790_zps907a5599.jpg ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6791_zps2ebf8ffa.jpg ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6792_zpsb7912ec1.jpg ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag81_jsmersol_DSC_6794_zps79439cb5.jpg

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
You have also characterized the teeth? They are ceramic? What kind of teeth are? What resin did you use? Give us some technical information of what you have done ..Good job!

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes I have done some characterization of the teeth, because they look more natural this way. But in this case, I haven't seen the pacient, so I have stained it just by my feeling of the pacients age.

I use normal acrylic teeth from one Slovenian company - Polident. I use them, just becase they are made in Slovenia. They are not perfect, but I can correct them in a way, they look much better.

I also don't use the ceramic sets, because they make the removables too heavy.

The resin is Denture Art, from Dreve - Germany and this is the pouring resin technique. The staining kit is also from dreve and you can stain everything, from teeth to resin.

So If you need more info, just ask.

Regards,

jan

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That looks great. I love to see characterization of dentures.

I can see the pride of realism in your work. Nothing mass produced will look as good as custom made.

well done,like a ceramist...;)

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Are them the stain of Muterthies right? I used in the past the external stains of Candulor.
But when I saw the prosthesis after some time I noticed a lot of plaque .. so I stopped using the stain on the resin ..
How they behave over time ?
You've got to see the prostheses after some time?
Regards and thanks!

SlowWater

SlowWater

Reaction score
Yes, it is the stain from Mutherties,

I see all the dentures all the time and they look fine. Some look like the first day they were put into the mouth.

You are not doing it right, that's why you have some plaque problems.

The stains or the liquid - surface needs to be put on a sandblasted area. I do it with a 110 microns at 2-3 bars. Then I clean it with water and steamer. At this time, you don't touch the surface with bare hands. I hold it just at one place, were I need to polish it manually.
So you make all the staining effects and then cure with the light, 5min each step. And you can make as much steps as you want.

When the staining is finished and you have the desired effect use surface and put it on the whole surface. The surface is thick and in fact too thick, so you need to whipe it off with kompressed air, so it will be very thin.
Because if the surface is to thick, then in the proces of the light cure, the surface will be micro porouse, because the material is shrinking (smaller).
I then cure it for 5 minutes twice. Why twice, because in this proces we make also heat under the lamps and it is not good for the surface and another thread to be micro porouse.
So I put it in the light to cure for a second time with a pause between cca. 2 min.

When this is final I do a machine polish with the parts that are not threated with surface and then the whole area including teeth. This way, you don't get any plaque.

By just puting surface on and off it goes into the mouth, the result is very bad in fact green :) This can be done only for a showing off model or a shelf prothesis ;)

I hope this helps,

Regards,

jan

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Dentures is not my thing but well done Jan !!! This looks really natural , it blends in nicely ! Love the gum surface as well !! Good job !!