Scrap refining

L

lifelikedental

Reaction score
Which company do you use for scrap refining?

I have been using jensen dental for refining but i would like to try out others.

They charge me about 10% for refining fee, 20 dollars treatment fee and 10 dollars shipping.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Glidewell pays us $2 per pound for our zirconia scrap.

stt672

stt672

Reaction score
I have used Dentsply for 15 years now. I used Jensen for 10 years until the day I was to settle which they picked the day. I was on vacation the day of settlement so when I got back the next day I called them to see the settle amount. Instead of settling the day they picked they settled the day I called them, the exact same day gold took one of its biggest plunges in history. Avoid Jensen. I have never ever been disappointed in a Dentsply settlement. Tried Argen, Scientific Metals they weren't even in the same ballpark.

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
Almanon is a very reputable company that gives the best returns on dental scrap. No middle man is needed if you go through the President of the company, Chet McNamara. He can be reached @ 1-800-626-6630.

I've tried all the big boys....and by far the best returns I have received are from Almanon.com:)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Been using ATLANTIC Precious Metal Refining for 15 years. Always satisfied and know several other labs pleased with them. Some of these labs have stories of questioning their returns at other places and upon that have received another check for another thousand. A lot of used car salesman out there.
Sent carpeting in last time and it paid for new carpet and a tv. It's a trust thing.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Last time this got kicked around, Bonner was the top vote getter...by along way.

A

ALPHA

Reaction score
Which company do you use for scrap refining?

I have been using jensen dental for refining but i would like to try out others.

They charge me about 10% for refining fee, 20 dollars treatment fee and 10 dollars shipping.

Am still waiting to get a reply from the Company we use, then i post the info..

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
All of our accounts use Heraeus Kulzer and are extremely happy with the results that they receive from Tony C.

Tom Mappin

Tom Mappin

Reaction score
Knowledge is power.

Visit our website and our social media pages and arm yourself with the facts about refining dental scrap. Check out our YouTube channel and Facebook page. Read about our story. We think you'll relate. We have a combined 150+ years of dental laboratory ownership, management, and technical experience among our core employees.

We are Refining by Dental for Dental.

adl.dropboxusercontent.com_u_3358180_Refinery_Flat.jpg
adl.dropboxusercontent.com_u_3358180_Refinery_Flat.jpg

A

AL1

Reaction score
Anyone know about Cora refining?

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Anyone about Cora refining?

I used to use their service until there was a significant discrepancy in the weight they say I submitted and the weight I sent.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Anyone recycling the metal shavings left over from the Ti preforms? I know it's not worth much, but there has to be some use for it.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Anyone know about Cora refining?

I used to use Cora until I received an unusually low return one year. I called and told them that this is not right. Whoever I spoke with said "let me check on that". A few seconds later he said "yeah, it is a little low. How does $500.00 more sound". I just gritted my teeth and replied "sure". I knew they had me, and they know they have me.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Argen seems good so far, but with small batches like I have the fees eat into returns.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
A few years ago I participated in a large 'blind submission' to multiple refiners, and we found Argen's return to be the most fair.
The variances were shocking even to those of us who knew how dirty the scrap business was.

In my private lab I have had very reasonable return rates and have a lot of trust in Argen.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
No one I've talked to seems to bother with the Ti shavings from the preforms...