Validated Milling Center or Implant Companies not selling new products

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I posted something along these lines before, but can't find the thread. But get ready, you will be cut off the supply line...

Keystone has new products, but wont sell them to labs unless they go through the process of becoming a 'Validated Milling Center'.

Has any of you gone through the process? Apparently this will be with all new FDA approved products and parts. It can't be sold to non compliant labs. Older parts were 'Grandfathered' in, according to the Guy I spoke to.

Funny enough, the new product seems to be DESS' AngleBase Ti base for the keystone platform...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Never heard of this. I know some companies want you to use a 'preferred' lab...but that's because some things are technique sensitive but haven't heard this new FDA angle yet.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Never heard of this. I know some companies want you to use a 'preferred' lab...but that's because some things are technique sensitive but haven't heard this new FDA angle yet.
Same here, Keystone is the only company, so far.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
I wonder if they know something is changing in the near future (from a manufacturing/distributor perspective)

How many unregistered labs are working with abutments and implants today??? Probably too many...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I posted something along these lines before, but can't find the thread. But get ready, you will be cut off the supply line...

Keystone has new products, but wont sell them to labs unless they go through the process of becoming a 'Validated Milling Center'.

Has any of you gone through the process? Apparently this will be with all new FDA approved products and parts. It can't be sold to non compliant labs. Older parts were 'Grandfathered' in, according to the Guy I spoke to.

Funny enough, the new product seems to be DESS' AngleBase Ti base for the keystone platform...
what new products does keystone have that they wont sell? unless its only the DESS parts
weird

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
what new products does keystone have that they wont sell? unless its only the DESS parts
weird
I'll know shortly, the parts can be sold to the Dentist.

I don't think it matters what sophisticated or unsophisticated part it is. What matters is the date it was FDA approved...

doug

doug

Reaction score
I sat through Tim Torbenson's presentation in Chicago and don't recall my having to meet any particular criteria. I do have to deal with a milling center that is FDA cleared and has validated their workflow. If I start providing some items that are classified differently that might change. I may call hime tomorrow to get clarification,

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

I don't think it matters what sophisticated or unsophisticated part it is. What matters is the date it was FDA approved...
I think the only thing i haven't been able to purchase from any supplier Dentist related was I had one silly implant company not sell me the actual implant. Which i get, they only want to sell to someone placing the implant...but I was confirming some stuff I was getting back from a milling center so I wanted the actual implant. So I had one of my Docs drop ship it to my lab for me...so there Straumann, sit and spin fkrs.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I think the only thing i haven't been able to purchase from any supplier Dentist related was I had one silly implant company not sell me the actual implant. Which i get, they only want to sell to someone placing the implant...but I was confirming some stuff I was getting back from a milling center so I wanted the actual implant. So I had one of my Docs drop ship it to my lab for me...so there Straumann, sit and spin fkrs.
Keystone would not allow drop ship... Quite silly, if you ask me.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I can't think of a good reason why anyone would want to work with Keystone. My limited experience with them makes me glad it's been limited.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

wow, please keep me posted sir!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I can't think of a good reason why anyone would want to work with Keystone. My limited experience with them makes me glad it's been limited.
keystone platforms are 80% of what i get in the door lately. they arent too terrible i suppose

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
keystone platforms are 80% of what i get in the door lately. they arent too terrible i suppose
Not at that level, but I have one client that almost exclusively uses Keystone, plus the ocasional case here and there. The thing is, there are a whole bunch of other brands under the Keystone umbrella, like Paltop, Zeramax and others. I do get a fair share of Paltop cases, so this will have an impact there, too.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Not at that level, but I have one client that almost exclusively uses Keystone, plus the ocasional case here and there. The thing is, there are a whole bunch of other brands under the Keystone umbrella, like Paltop, Zeramax and others. I do get a fair share of Paltop cases, so this will have an impact there, too.
interesting. ben getting a bunch of paltop in the last few months too. those i really dont enjoy working with lol

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score

This info showed up about 3 to 5 years ago saying that not anyone can mill a titanium base unless certified by a FDA or some other branches of the government department. This is why I buy stock and customize them the way I want. It is not the cheapest way but it is peace of mind for me.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
This info showed up about 3 to 5 years ago saying that not anyone can mill a titanium base unless certified by a FDA or some other branches of the government department. This is why I buy stock and customize them the way I want. It is not the cheapest way but it is peace of mind for me.
The thing is, the part that was not sold to me is a stock abutment, from DESS. But with the Keystone interface... And Keystone wont sell you any new parts, unless you are a Validated lab. Older parts are apparently grandfathered in.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I thought you were talking about keystone resins at first....

Top Bottom