Refractory die material for GC Zr-Fs

D

Dtechniclab

Reaction score
Hi, which material do you use for refcratory die?
Does anyone make refractory veneers with GC Zr-Fs ceramic? Which material do you use for refcratory die?

GC Cosmotech Vest has been taken out of our assortment. Maybe you have some advice, it is important that the cte coefficient does not differ. GC Zr-Fs - CTE 9.4

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Hi, which material do you use for refcratory die?
Does anyone make refractory veneers with GC Zr-Fs ceramic? Which material do you use for refcratory die?

GC Cosmotech Vest has been taken out of our assortment. Maybe you have some advice, it is important that the cte coefficient does not differ. GC Zr-Fs - CTE 9.4
GC itself makes refractory material. get the one for all-ceramics.

D

Dtechniclab

Reaction score
GC itself makes refractory material. get the one for all-ceramics.
GC no longer manufactures GC Cosmotech. Maybe you have to offer other brand investment which match the expansion coefficient? CTE 9.4

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
GC no longer manufactures GC Cosmotech. Maybe you have to offer other brand investment which match the expansion coefficient? CTE 9.4
The one I have is G-Cera Vest from GC. I do not know if it still fabricated since I bought it a couple years ago.

D

Dtechniclab

Reaction score
You mean G-Cera Orbit Vest? Its for Metal Ceramic systems.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You have use this investment Orbit Vest with zirconia ceramic Zr-Fs and no cracks?
no, not with Zr-Fs
i used it with pressing ceramics. lisi and emax

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Noratake used to make a refractory investment for Zr porcelain. I have never used it , so I cant say for certain they still make it ,but I use their refractory investmentfor PFM porcelain and have had no no issues. It,s called Nori-vest

D

Dtechniclab

Reaction score
Noratake used to make a refractory investment for Zr porcelain. I have never used it , so I cant say for certain they still make it ,but I use their refractory investmentfor PFM porcelain and have had no no issues. It,s called Nori-vest
I know this investment Nori-Vest. However, I can't find information about the expansion coefficient (CTE) of this investment..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Orbit vest should work, its the only material they still carry apparently.. I still have a box and only use it to solder gold crowns. Id have to charge around $500/unit for that technique to be worth the time. You could always use platinum foil? Some die hards are still banging rocks.

D

Dtechniclab

Reaction score
Orbit vest should work, its the only material they still carry apparently.. I still have a box and only use it to solder gold crowns. Id have to charge around $500/unit for that technique to be worth the time. You could always use platinum foil? Some die hards are still banging rocks.
Orbit vest is no longer produced.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Then it may be time to think of the platinum foil technique or use GC Initial on refractory, if it's high expansion porcelain.

D

Dtechniclab

Reaction score
Then it may be time to think of the platinum foil technique or use GC Initial on refractory, if it's high expansion porcelain.
Is this product Cervest suitable for GC initial Zr-Fs ceramics?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Is this product Cervest suitable for GC initial Zr-Fs ceramics?
You would need to call them. But no, it was made for high expansion (cte) crown and bridge ceramics. They used to have a low-expansion version but discontinued it. That's why I suggested Initial, as far as possibly fitting in the cte range of their refractory.