Emax over A3.5-A4 stump to desired A1 anterior crowns.

C

crowner

Reaction score
As the title suggests, is it possible with good occlusion? Or would layered zirconium be better in this situation? I don’t like the duller/less life-like appearance of the zirconium.

C

crowner

Reaction score
It all depends, if you have enough prep reduction, yes, it is possible.
Am I allowed to post a picture of the prep reduction? Or possibly send you an imgur if you are willing to give your feedback? I have to decide if I want to redo my anterior zirconium crowns into Emax by tomorrow.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Am I allowed to post a picture of the prep reduction? Or possibly send you an imgur if you are willing to give your feedback? I have to decide if I want to redo my anterior zirconium crowns into Emax by tomorrow.
Post some photos.

C

crowner

Reaction score
Post some photos.

Before, prep and after. The lighting on the after photo is brutally honest. It’s not that noticable usually I don’t think, but I do notice the shade difference, especially in certain lightings. My dentist thinks the result has a chance of being worse if it’s made in a more translucent material, but then again he isn’t exactly impartial.

EUwhdVw.png

CyRxQse.png

OBgPSSi.png

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
use the opaque white liquid to block the stump

A

Artin

Reaction score
What is the material used in the last photo ??

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
M00 ingot and microlayer the labial...easy peezy!!!

C

crowner

Reaction score
What is the material used in the last photo ??
Zirconium, specially treated somehow. Not sure if layered with porcelain or modified some other way.

C

crowner

Reaction score
M00 ingot and microlayer the labial...easy peezy!!!
Do you think there is a high degree of success in improving the current result? The zirconium crown clearly blocks the stump, but maybe this level of opacity is overkill in this case? He was especially concerned about the labial. It's the duller/greyer perhaps less lifelike appearance of the material that bothers me.

Appreciate the responses from y'all.

C

crowner

Reaction score
use the opaque white liquid to block the stump
Would you expect an improved result by masking it like this and changing crown material? Worth mentioning perhaps is that I'm also a clencher apparently, but not sure how much of a factor that is for anteriors.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Or white cement should brighten it up

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Before, prep and after. The lighting on the after photo is brutally honest. It’s not that noticable usually I don’t think, but I do notice the shade difference, especially in certain lightings. My dentist thinks the result has a chance of being worse if it’s made in a more translucent material, but then again he isn’t exactly impartial.

EUwhdVw.png

CyRxQse.png

OBgPSSi.png

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
edit: wasn't sure if the last photo is the remake, the adjusted crowns.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
A thin opacious zirconia coping layered with emax ceram .

This gives you a stronger lingual envelope than with emax.

Last edited:
C

crowner

Reaction score
edit: wasn't sure if the last photo is the remake, the adjusted crowns.
The last photo is the current zirconium crowns. There has been no remake yet but I’m considering it. If I do, I will post an update with as much info about material as I can gather.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The last photo is the current zirconium crowns. There has been no remake yet but I’m considering it. If I do, I will post an update with as much info about material as I can gather.
I like your tooth shape and form, especially #8. Maybe a little narrower and a bit less surface texture, but that part of it looks good, nice job :)