Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You know that's not bad. So at that point it's ready to polish, after cutting attachments?

Do you do any work to the intaglio surface (are there mill marks)?

Good question as far as mill marks, mill lines. My rep and I were discussing a lab that bought the Dry Mill for milling Ivotion (is now considering a PM7 for speed of production) and mentioned mill lines. He didn't realize there were 2 settings for milling, the High definition, vs Fast, that would give the better milling result, no lines.

2022-02-02_7-53-58.jpg

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Good question as far as mill marks, mill lines. My rep and I were discussing a lab that bought the Dry Mill for milling Ivotion (is now considering a PM7 for speed of production) and mentioned mill lines. He didn't realize there were 2 settings for milling, the High definition, vs Fast, that would give the better milling result, no lines.
That's why I was asking about your real world experience. The brochure always says "In as little as"

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Whats everyone tooth bonder of choice?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
With equipment and materials involved, I'd say $500+ per arch. Anything less, your mowing yards.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
500 for milled wouldn't be too hard of a sell if the fit/equilibration was as described by @labguy
When it comes to prices, we all haggle over it but to be honest it's really what region you are in. On the east or west coast you could probably easily get $600/arch where in the Midwest $400 might be a tough sell. I'm still doing them, average about 10 arches a week at $400. If you do the math (ROI),it paid for itself in less than six months. My previous comments on this thread still haven't changed...almost a year later. Only that if I had to do over again, I'd pony up for the PM7 from the get go and not gotten the PMDry because the speed and availability to use it for other products other than ivotion would of been nice.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
When it comes to prices, we all haggle over it but to be honest it's really what region you are in. On the east or west coast you could probably easily get $600/arch where in the Midwest $400 might be a tough sell. I'm still doing them, average about 10 arches a week at $400. If you do the math (ROI),it paid for itself in less than six months. My previous comments on this thread still haven't changed...almost a year later. Only that if I had to do over again, I'd pony up for the PM7 from the get go and not gotten the PMDry because the speed and availability to use it for other products other than ivotion would of been nice.
May I ask what all is included at that price? What’s the basic work flow?

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Why are IO scans no good for a denture?