Denture Base Resins and Teeth

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Denture base and teeth resins are growing at a fast pace compared to the early days of Denca and NextDent. As someone who has a non-dental printer but also can use validated dental resins for that printer, I find myself researching different resins more often.
In the early days the company you bought your printer from most likely had their own resins in a closed system. Then Asiga changed the game with a completely open system. With so many new resins out there now I’m curious for those using denture and teeth resins that are not that well know. For example came across a dental resin from Power Resins that offers a flexible denture base (nothing like Valplast). Others like Dreve’s Fotodent and Saremco (not the greatest strength) are not to often advertised.
Curious as to anyone who is not using a closed systems resins or the more popular ones like Lucitone or Nextdent. Thanks in advanced.

E

encino

Reaction score
Also interested. Formlabs, Asiga and Flexura all have resins now, leaning towards Flexura but haven't really seen anyone committing to using these as their go to yet.

B

Bonita5

Reaction score
Formlabs is a great solid printer, easy to use and great resin library

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Formlabs is a great solid printer, easy to use and great resin library
I have a from3b it works, but I wouldn't say its the best for the dollar or that their resins are top notch. The prints are generally accurate, and clean, but holy cow is it slow.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Don't drop any denture too far...
I dropped one a looong time ago right after polishing it for delivery to the Dr, onto a concrete floor. With porcelain teeth......um did I mention remake?!?!?

Datguypeter

Datguypeter

Reaction score
But printed seem especially fragile. Or am I wrong?
If you look at the lucitone digital print or the flexcera for example youll see they can be much stronger. But the teeth usually wear out more quickly

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
If you look at the lucitone digital print or the flexcera for example youll see they can be much stronger. But the teeth usually wear out more quickly
But... the lucitone digital print is not the same material as the milled or injected 199 is it? I'm not familiar with flexcera so I have nothing to say there.

Datguypeter

Datguypeter

Reaction score
But... the lucitone digital print is not the same material as the milled or injected 199 is it? I'm not familiar with flexcera so I have nothing to say there.
No its not look it up on denstply website. They say it Bam! Activated which means its 3x more resistant to fracture

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
You are correct

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
No its not look it up on denstply website. They say it Bam! Activated which means its 3x more resistant to fracture
The BAM acronym stands for “body activated mechanics”. Lucitone digital print has two fracture strengths one out of the mouth and two when heat (mouth temperature) is absorbed by the denture. In the mouth it is 3x more stronger than Lucitone 199.
I can say you need all day to polish it. It's like trying to pumice Valplast.
I’ve seen some pro tips of applying a very light layer of denture base resin painted on for one final cure for a nice luster shine. In those scenarios pumice is not needed. If I’m not mistaken I believe most resin manufacturers recommend only polish no pumice.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
The BAM acronym stands for “body activated mechanics”. Lucitone digital print has two fracture strengths one out of the mouth and two when heat (mouth temperature) is absorbed by the denture. In the mouth it is 3x more stronger than Lucitone 199.

I’ve seen some pro tips of applying a very light layer of denture base resin painted on for one final cure for a nice luster shine. In those scenarios pumice is not needed. If I’m not mistaken I believe most resin manufacturers recommend only polish no pumice.
I graduated from val plast university. Intensive course Top of my class. I can assure you polishing is acknowledged as being labor intensive. Painting light cure over flexible?

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
I also have read that before curing you can work out the print texture using a bristle wheel to make the polishing process a little quicker.