Altering the tibase cement gap in Exocad

D

Dooger

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm finding the fit wat too tight when cementing Neodent GM tibases into crowns. Pretty sure there's a way of altering the XML file to increase the cement gap but I can't remember how it's done. Would one of you mind pointing me in the right direction?
Cheers!

D

Dooger

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm finding the fit wat too tight when cementing Neodent GM tibases into crowns. Pretty sure there's a way of altering the XML file to increase the cement gap but I can't remember how it's done. Would one of you mind pointing me in the right direction?
Cheers!
Ugh.
*way too tight*
Typing with gloves on

doug

doug

Reaction score
Call your vendor. That's what they are there for.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
those settings do nothing for tibase fits.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Cheers!
There is a file in that particular implant lib. usually with the word "base" in its name, you can find it in the XML under "Support Filename" or something similar, can't remember exactly. That file is the what you need to alter, you need to open it with some 3d editor like Meshlab or Meshmixer and scale it up a bit. How much exactly, I cannot tell you, it can be calculated knowing that particular geometry's dimensions and the desired cement gap, but you can do it trial and error style. If this file in an STL it will be very easy, it it's an SDFA or something else encrypted then is quite tedious. You'd have to convert it into STL first.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if the response was sarcastic or just dumb.
Neither, as millennium is in the top tier of lab techs on this forum. The first thing that came to my mind, was also die spacer settings/cement gap.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Neither, as millennium is in the top tier of lab techs on this forum. The first thing that came to my mind, was also die spacer settings/cement gap.
I am blushing:)

D

Dooger

Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. The implant tibase cement settings are baked into the code.

D

Dooger

Reaction score
You should do what Doug said
It's not an Exocad issue, Neodent have set the cement gap too narrow. It can be fixed through adjustment in Exocad though.
Either way, it's a UK bank holiday this weekend so reseller contact isn't happening until Tuesday.

D

Dooger

Reaction score
There is a file in that particular implant lib. usually with the word "base" in its name, you can find it in the XML under "Support Filename" or something similar, can't remember exactly. That file is the what you need to alter, you need to open it with some 3d editor like Meshlab or Meshmixer and scale it up a bit. How much exactly, I cannot tell you, it can be calculated knowing that particular geometry's dimensions and the desired cement gap, but you can do it trial and error style. If this file in an STL it will be very easy, it it's an SDFA or something else encrypted then is quite tedious. You'd have to convert it into STL first.
Ah yeah, it's coming back to me now. It's an SDFA, so yeah, added misery. Thanks for reminder, Z-Z

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Ah yeah, it's coming back to me now. It's an SDFA, so yeah, added misery. Thanks for reminder, Z-Z
I'll check my Neodent lib Monday... I'm pretty sure mine are STL,

B

bluejaylab

Reaction score
New to this forum, but bumping this thread again. I am having the same issue. I have been getting Neodent scans via Sirona Connect and find that the settings cannot be altered within CAD app. Anyone have any solutions?

Top Bottom