Whip Mix VeriEko nightmare

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
This thing is driving me nuts. I currently deal with my second printer. The first one had a wobbly z axis screw rod. The second one prints garbage.
The prints look like they cured with a flame thrower. All vertical surfaces are high gloss with absolutely no texture or detail all looks slumped and completely distorted. Tech support has no answer and now I am sending the second printer back too. Anyone has a clue what is going on here?

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 28
S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Don't have this printer but have you tried printing it with supports?

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Don't have this printer but have you tried printing it with supports?
it was printed with supports. This one was actually done remotely by tech support to make sure we didn't do anything wrong. Well he did the worst print so far.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
What resin is that?
To me it looks like the print is sticking to the vat. Have you tried a different vat?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Most likely unrelated as this is a new printer but I had a similar issue. My problem was an old projector with the light intensity way below acceptable levels. My print came out more “Frankenstein-ish” with cavities and collapsed parts.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
What resin is that?
To me it looks like the print is sticking to the vat. Have you tried a different vat?
Veri-Model. We replaced the vat which was just used six times with 100% failure rate. We replaced the vat and the resin and will try again for the 7th time

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
7th time was a failure again. So frustrated. I effects only the vertical surfaces. x and y are fine

Nicko1974

Nicko1974

Reaction score
7th time was a failure again. So frustrated. I effects only the vertical surfaces. x and y are fine
Sorry to hear this, I understand the frustration, I've been there with another printer. May I ask when did you purchase this one?

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, I understand the frustration, I've been there with another printer. May I ask when did you purchase this one?
the first one I got July 11th. Had nothing but failures, found out the z axis rod was wobbling, sent it back. printer 2 came on the 18th, set it up, did 5 prints so far and all failed. Actually the wobbly rod printer did better than this one does.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Build plate may not be level from factory.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Build plate may not be level from factory.

leveled it twice. first when it came out of the box and a second time after two failures. Whipmix is sending a third one out now. This one is going back too wish me luck.
If this is not working out, Has anyone experience with the Nexa 3d printer? I really wanted to buy that one, but Nexa is an industrial printer company who is new to dental and I felt like they have lots to learn when it comes to dental printing. So I changed my mind

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
leveled it twice. first when it came out of the box and a second time after two failures. Whipmix is sending a third one out now. This one is going back too wish me luck.
If this is not working out, Has anyone experience with the Nexa 3d printer? I really wanted to buy that one, but Nexa is an industrial printer company who is new to dental and I felt like they have lots to learn when it comes to dental printing. So I changed my mind
3d printers are not complex machines. If you have flattened your build plate, zero-ed your Z, axis, rechecked your exposure time, and replaced your vat film....then it must be your light source. I would run a test by printing 5 column models (each corner and center). see if each flaw separately or together.
That would be a good diagnostic.

Top Bottom