NextDent vs Envision Tech 3d printer

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
Would not buy envisiontech for some of the above reasons.also had them come out for service at $1500.00 to re calibrate machine only to have them back again a few weeks later at$1500.00 to do the same thing. Lately dies don’t fit it’s as bad as trying to put a square peg in round hole.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Anyone looking at the Nextdent 5100 or other printers with a membrane from them may want to check the warranty. I have a 5100 with less than 100 prints and my membrane tore yesterday. The new one I bought originally just in case was 900$, so I have a backup. My issue is that the membrane cannot be replaced at the reseller. I was told by my reseller they have got the cost down to 500$? Really, in addition to the expensive resin, the mebranes are supposed to last 7 years, and my coworkers are very meticulous with the cleaning etc of tray. Anyone else have this issue Larry/Glenn Kennedy

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they are easy to break. its an easy mistake to make. its happened now 3 times to me. replacement pieces of clear plastic or nylon don't work as well. something on the plastic, some sort of coating. nextdent won't say what.

but no, whoever told you 7 years was patently untrue information. you'll get about 9-12 months out of a resin tray printing constantly before its due for a change.

edit: also Glen doesnt work for Nextdent anymore. he's with Open Implants now.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response as my reseller is located in CA and has a atom as their logo and they have one person who knows anything about that POS. In addition that is the person who told me 7-9 years:rolleyes: Same person said other membranes don't work, some proprietary something or other. I wish I would have bought from DAL instead, as they are just south of me. Luke if you're ever in Titletown,WI I'll buy you lunch and a beer. Oh well at least it's only 500$ to replace, if I sell it I would lose probably7-9K

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its not altogether a bad printer, its just difficult to get non 3dsystems resins to work well in it. envisiontec resin works kinda ok. other 395-408 nm resins seem to sorta work, but other films somehow just don't. its like they need to be scotchguarded or something.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Mike, I did have to replace one so far in the year & I/2 I've had it. Yes, they have reduced the replacement cost from 1k to 500$ so it "stings" less, lol! There are days that mine is idle so I have also made it a habit of releasing the tension on the tray when it's not in use...they say it's ok to leave it under tension but that doesn't make sense to me. That being said, I been happy with the printer and it's worked out well for me.. I did buy from DAL and their support has been great!

M

MarkV1

Reaction score
A spare or duplicate EnvisionOne tray(they call them basements) is $1500! Once they are worn out you send them back in and you get a refurbished one for a net cost of $400. I have had a bad experience with my EnvisionOne. There are many more details I can go into if you are interested.

T

ToofGoof

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that but in order to do the other way around and use envisiontec resin in nextDent printers all you need is a bottle of literally anything that is still valid and use the barcode on the front of the bottle not the back of the bottle.
how do you use nextdent resins with the envisiontec printer?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Chris Farley Idk GIF

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Doing my leg work with Phrozen I was surprised to find in their slicing program list that they had Nexdent resins. Everything from dentures to models. I knew that just because someone found the preferred settings doesn’t equate to validation. Me being curious I called my local rep just to confirm my thoughts and she assured me it’s in the gray area. Meaning yes it can be done but not as a 510K cleared workflow. Like a true sales person she asked if I wanted to buy the resins anyway, lol.

K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
I been using an envisiontec d4k and boy is that thing fast, I heard the Einstein is even faster the only down side to it is not being an open system, I also have some uniz slash plus 2 and tbh I love them but they are hard to tweak settings into for new resins, the last and the one I would actually reccomend is the phrozen 4k xl 2022 I got one last mont and man Im very impressed!! The price was low and its an open system but srsly its a really nice printer not super fast not super slow and very affordable, I was going to pull the trigger on an asiga but the platform size is just 2 small for thr price and the pro its insanely expensive, also look at the nexa xip seems super awesome and fast!!

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I would actually reccomend is the phrozen 4k xl 2022 I got one last mont and man Im very impressed!!
Curious what appliance are you using the printer for and what resins for each if you don’t mind sharing.

The price was low and its an open system but srsly its a really nice printer not super fast not super slow and very affordable.
Also curious on the average print times for each appliance you print. We currently use a mini 4K and the XL does about 10 mm more per hour.

K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
As of now Im only using it for models, using the keystone ultra model and I can print several sets since the platform is huge , printing at 100u and it takes about 40 mins again a bit slow but I have seen worse, just look at the amount of materials approved for the printer the list is gigantic this is the poor mans asiga pro but slow 😂

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
As of now Im only using it for models, using the keystone ultra model and I can print several sets since the platform is huge , printing at 100u and it takes about 40 mins again a bit slow but I have seen worse, just look at the amount of materials approved for the printer the list is gigantic this is the poor mans asiga pro but slow 😂
I’ve only found one denture and tooth resin so far for Mini 4K. I’ve found three for XL 2022. The hard part is the curebox. Some denture resins validated for XL 2022 only want their curebox while others are more open like Power Resins. Power Resins is similar to Keystone in that they display IN EASY TO FIND LOCATIONS ON THEIR WEBSITE what printers and cureboxes work with their resins. Thanks for the info.

K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
I got an extra ottoflash if you are interested that thing can cure most resins

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Here is the list of compatible ready to go stuff, but like I said you can tweak to use most 405 compatible resins https://phrozen3d.com/pages/resin-sonic-4k-2022
So let me rephrase what I meant by 3 that work. Any printer can print (as long as you get the settings) model resins. No worry about FDA clearance or 510k build out because it doesn’t go in the mouth. However that’s not the same for dentures which do need FDA clearance and a 510k build out because it does go in the mouth.
My interest are with dentures. So I went down the list of resins that “work” with the XL 2022 a few month ago. Out of those that do dentures, and are “validated” by the company for use on the XL 2022 only two exist. Those are Seramco and Dreve Fotodent. In reality its only one because Dreve (after back and forth emails) stated that it has to a 'Certified Dreve XL 2022”. Get this, you can buy their “Certified Dreve XL 2022" for more money with some upgrades (like a soft close door, not joking) or pay to upgrade your XL 2022 printer (can’t remember if you send it in or do it ourself).
I came across a company that I saw listed on a promotional image from Asiga by the name of Power Resins. Looked into them and as I stated earlier they are very open and accessible when it comes to printers and cureboxes that work with them. So the sum total is 3 right now. The Asiga promotional image sparked my curiosity and I then went down the list of resins for dental (specially dentures) that work with Asiga and went to work. Asiga may have over 500 resins that work with their printer but a few dozen are for dental. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful to find any more denture resins that work with Asiga that do also work with XL 2022.
For C&B denture resins are a non issue but for a removable lab its the only issue. I hope more resins come out for dentures that are not tied to a closed system and also don’t cost $10,000 plus. As you stated the XL 2002 is a poor mans Asiga Max, I just hope I had more denture resins to work with.

P.S.
I currently only have the Mini 4k so I can only use Power Resins. I do plan on getting the Sonic XL 2022 in the future for more production.

Last edited:
K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
Well
Good luck on your search, Im out of opinions

Top Bottom