Dandy

D

drjeff

Reaction score
Sounds like they took my idea to a new level.

I predicted this years ago . He who controls the file gets paid.

My lab has been doing this for 7 years now. The only difference is that I never asked for a commitment.
Can you explain what you mean by 'you've been doing this for years..."

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean by 'you've been doing this for years..."
Sure.
In 2014 I bought a Trios 2 for my lab. The business model was to provide a scanning service to dentists in exchange for fabricating the case. The weak link has always been the impression, and I saw the IOS as the best method to solve this.
T2 was the first IOS to operate from a laptop so it was ideal for office visits. I set up and they scan to my requirements as a lab. The proof is the finished case .
I then purchased a T3 which I still use today. Best decision I ever made.
By the way, I started a Facebook page called Trios Study Club which currently has around 8500 members. Please drop by sometime.

D

drjeff

Reaction score
Sure.
In 2014 I bought a Trios 2 for my lab. The business model was to provide a scanning service to dentists in exchange for fabricating the case. The weak link has always been the impression, and I saw the IOS as the best method to solve this.
T2 was the first IOS to operate from a laptop so it was ideal for office visits. I set up and they scan to my requirements as a lab. The proof is the finished case .
By the way, I started a Facebook page called Trios Study Club which currently has around 8500 members. Please drop by sometime.
We should speak. Have you listened to the "From the bench" podcast in December 2021 with Kenn B from Dandy?

T

TanMan

Reaction score
Sure.

T3 is definitely a great IOS and I love how the software can utilize upgraded hardware. I was never a fan of the laptops as I feel they are very underpowered and sometimes, proprietary BIOS'es and bloatware can make migration to a faster platform more difficult.

Here's a photo of my T3 setup. One of them is kinda shy and hiding. Both are desktops with battery backups so you can move it between ops with no disruption in work.

IOS.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We should speak. Have you listened to the "From the bench" podcast in December 2021 with Kenn B from Dandy?
No I haven't. Back in 2014 I was convinced that large labs would eventually provide scanners to Drs .

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Sure.
So you bought an IOS, and you take it to the office each visit or leave for them to use?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So you bought an IOS, and you take it to the office each visit or leave for them to use?
The office will schedule a scan with me in advance. I have a crown scan today at 10 am.
I set up The scanner order,make sure the scans are good and the leave with the case.
Since I no longer pour models, I have plenty of time to work with the dentists chair side.
After they are comfortable with the workflow and experience consistent results, they usually purchase their own IOS.
This how I build my client base , one scan at a time.

D

drjeff

Reaction score
T3 is definitely a great IOS and I love how the software can utilize upgraded hardware. I was never a fan of the laptops as I feel they are very underpowered and sometimes, proprietary BIOS'es and bloatware can make migration to a faster platform more difficult.

Here's a photo of my T3 setup. One of them is kinda shy and hiding. Both are desktops with battery backups so you can move it between ops with no disruption in work.

View attachment 40084
I have a chairside solutions program...uses digital twinning to preserve the digital impression space...worked a bit with the Dandy crew...

T

TanMan

Reaction score
Who knows what to believe anymore. This office is very strict on infection control.
I think it is becoming obvious that those in charge have no clue what to do.
In charge in terms of government or the office?

T

TanMan

Reaction score
The office will schedule a scan with me in advance. I have a crown scan today at 10 am.
I set up The scanner order,make sure the scans are good and the leave with the case.
Since I no longer pour models, I have plenty of time to work with the dentists chair side.
After they are comfortable with the workflow and experience consistent results, they usually purchase their own IOS.
This how I build my client base , one scan at a time.

That's a pretty cool and unique concept. Try before you buy kind of deal, it would seem to work for lower volume offices, but not as feasible for higher volume offices.

I have a chairside solutions program...uses digital twinning to preserve the digital impression space...worked a bit with the Dandy crew...

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that, would you be able to go into more detail about that?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That's a pretty cool and unique concept. Try before you buy kind of deal, it would seem to work for lower volume offices, but not as feasible for higher volume offices.

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that, would you be able to go into more detail about that?
I think what I have learned is that the labs should be more involved with the IOS process.
I don't think 2 hours of training from a reseller is doing anyone any favors. Crappy scans replacing crappy pvs impressions doesn't get us anywhere.

I have always said the IOS is a communication device on par with your cell phone. It does far more than take pictures.

T

TanMan

Reaction score
I think what I have learned is that the labs should be more involved with the IOS process.
I don't think 2 hours of training from a reseller is doing anyone any favors. Crappy scans replacing crappy pvs impressions doesn't get us anywhere.

I have always said the IOS is a communication device on par with your cell phone. It does far more than take pictures.

Weird thing is that we never got any training for the T3 or the primescan/omnicam. Thankfully it's so user friendly that even those without any IOS experience can scan

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Weird thing is that we never got any training for the T3 or the primescan/omnicam. Thankfully it's so user friendly that even those without any IOS experience can scan
Scanning maybe, but setup and procedures can get confusing for the inexperienced.
I received a mx,md scan from a top surgery office the other day. The bite was open because the the assistant claim d she couldn't get the pt to close with the scan bodies in place.

Top Bottom