Ceramist lights

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Any good bench top lights/lamps that you guys have liked that allows for good color and ceramic work. Seeing if there are other options that will work well that don’t have the dental markup with them.

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Check out Ott lights
OttLite LED Desk Lamp, White – Tablet & Smart Phone Stand, USB Charging Port, Touch Light Switch, Flexible Neck Height, for Cooking, Crafting, Sewing & Working

Looks like 5k temp lamps at a fraction of the price of others I had seen. Thanks.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I tend to like the combi lamps, with the circle and standard light bulb. I get the color correct circle bulb, then a 75watt daylight bulb. It give me enough light, lumins to easily work with. I think the 5500k circle bulbs are out there, as I do have a back up, but it's from 2012, the 6500k seems to be easier to get.

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Any good bench top lights/lamps that you guys have liked that allows for good color and ceramic work. Seeing if there are other options that will work well that don’t have the dental markup with them

I tend to like the combi lamps, with the circle and standard light bulb. I get the color correct circle bulb, then a 75watt daylight bulb. It give me enough light, lumins to easily work with. I think the 5500k circle bulbs are out there, as I do have a back up, but it's from 2012, the 6500k seems to be easier to get.

Limited-time deal: Neewer Ultra-Slim LED Video Light, 40W 3200K-5600K CRI95+ Dimmable Bi-Color LED Soft Light Panel with LCD Display for Game Live YouTube TikTok Video Photography Zoom Meeting (Battery Not Included)

I've used this, used a ceiling mount to drop down directly over my bench. Great light!!! Screenshot_20211120-193117.png

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Limited-time deal: Neewer Ultra-Slim LED Video Light, 40W 3200K-5600K CRI95+ Dimmable Bi-Color LED Soft Light Panel with LCD Display for Game Live YouTube TikTok Video Photography Zoom Meeting (Battery Not Included)

I've used this, used a ceiling mount to drop down directly over my bench. Great light!!! View attachment 39803

That is pretty cool, super dave. I like the wide dispersion of light.

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
What temp do you think is best? I always thought it was 5000 K. Looks like the ones posted is 5600-6500 K. Any preferences?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Somewhere in the archives there’s a great thread about lighting that our dear friend User started or at least was involved in. If I remember correctly he put a great deal of time into researching this.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I found these lamps a couple of years ago. Three light levels. Multiple arm adjustments too. Here’s my link i had posted then. Also did a search for them today and added a link for what I found. I paid 49$ each.
This place has them for 34.

Dont let the name “Junkie“ fool you.😉

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What temp do you think is best? I always thought it was 5000 K. Looks like the ones posted is 5600-6500 K. Any preferences?

I believe 5500k color correct is best for taking shades. For my ceramic lamp, it may be more like high noon light, but I tend to check the more critical anterior shades just to the side of that light, with the overhead head light and will occasionally check it outside during normal day light hours.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
One dental office I had worked in, replaced all of his overhead lights with 5500k bulbs, but they threw off to much of a blue hue.
That was one of the reasons I don't use both bulbs as color correct in my lamp, I though it looked a little blue.
The author said it looked greenish in this link figure 5-6, thanks to user name.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I think what can become a greater issue is in shades being taken after prepping, when teeth become dehydrated and lighter, whiter, losing their translucency. The shade should be taken right when the patient sits down, before injections or pre-op impressions. No in lab color correct lighting can make up for that. Also, with layered emax or even some of the 4y - 5y zirconia's that are layered, the need for prep shades to overcome a dark background. IMO, has a greater impact on the end success and result compared the lighting, which again is still critical.

11-21-2021 8-18-53 AM.png

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I believe 5500k color correct is best for taking shades. For my ceramic lamp, it may be more like high noon light, but I tend to check the more critical anterior shades just to the side of that light, with the overhead head light and will occasionally check it outside during normal day light hours.

Thats why I like this lamp, has three Color Temps.
41FD762E-B67F-49A1-B01B-CCF246A5C32F.jpeg 989C0719-B199-4CCC-8AB7-E2222BDAD9E4.jpeg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Sells bulbs to fit most things and I'm a happy customer.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score

Sells bulbs to fit most things and I'm a happy customer.

VariLum® Round 30w LED Circadian Desk Lamp​

This is the one I buy from them. Excellent for the price. I like the variable controls and removable filter held by magnetic ring. The ottlights I’ve had eventually caused the plastic housing to turn a yellow-brown tint from the bulb heat over time. This lamp has much better build and hasn’t displayed this same problem.