What kind of server do you use Storage/Backup?

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
What kind of computer server do you use for your cad/cam for storing the scanned files? Do you use a seperate server or NAS, lab with 3 or more design seats/designer. And whats the config?
Do you recommend getting a NAS? If yes what kind? Well the lab i work for starting to scan impression gonna need more space soon. So looking for your inputs.
Thank you in advance.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
I use dropbox. It can be configured as a folder on each computer and you have a safe secure backup that syncs all the time. I have 4 design stations and it works like a charm

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
And with Dropbox is the option of Rewind, in case you ever are attacked with ransomware.
It sounds like NAS also need to be secured in case of such an attack, or malware in general, as it can be a transfer point to all the other
PC's on that network.

Last edited:
M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
I use dropbox. It can be configured as a folder on each computer and you have a safe secure backup that syncs all the time. I have 4 design stations and it works like a charm
So you use dropbox, and run/access for design as well? Or you used it just for backing up orders?

Just suppose while scanning files, the internet is down, will i not be. having issues like data loss?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Synology are great. You can set them up on your internal active directory so file access is simple and secure for internal users. You can also easily set up auto backup of selected folders.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
lach! how are things down under mate?