So... 3shape or exocad?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
They have just removable option only no ned for C&B. You can get the rmovable module only. Best to call a reseller. They have changed they way they do a lot of stuff from 2016.
Wow, so I didn’t see the big sticker on exocads website that says “SOLD AS A STAND ALONE” but your post made me aware of it. Will reach out to the resellers Im looking to use. Have so many questions. Like the fact that the articulator module is not advertised as a stand alone module. That is crucial for its integration for dentures. Anyways thanks everyone for the insight. Going back to the bat cave and finding some answers.
Calculate Fox Tv GIF by Ghosted

doug

doug

Reaction score
We started with Jensen, when they were involved in digital. We have since moved to Dominion Milling Center, who has unbranded, fully open Exocad. The difference was amazing. They have wonderful support as every time we call Jake says:"Let me get on Team viewer with you." We need very little support at this point as we have been at it for 8 years.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
We started with Jensen, when they were involved in digital. We have since moved to Dominion Milling Center, who has unbranded, fully open Exocad. The difference was amazing. They have wonderful support as every time we call Jake says:"Let me get on Team viewer with you." We need very little support at this point as we have been at it for 8 years.
Hold on, so this is strange. See Dominion Milling Center is our reseller. Ive called and no answer, then I found out they go by a different name so I called and emailed, no answer. Found his wife’s email, and you guessed it, no answer. So what gives? Are they in fact still around as they were awesome and as you said quick to help. I just assumed that because of COIVD they were one of the labs that didn’t make it. Please if you can give me a number or email to get a hold of them.

Season 4 What GIF by The Office

doug

doug

Reaction score
804-285-0777 Arressa is who usually answers the phone. I'll call them in the morning myself to see what's up.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hold on, so this is strange. See Dominion Milling Center is our reseller. Ive called and no answer, then I found out they go by a different name so I called and emailed, no answer. Found his wife’s email, and you guessed it, no answer. So what gives? Are they in fact still around as they were awesome and as you said quick to help. I just assumed that because of COIVD they were one of the labs that didn’t make it. Please if you can give me a number or email to get a hold of them.

the-lord-of-the-rings-lotr.gif

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
If you don't update exocad for lets say 3 years, then you don't have to pay later for those 3 years, but there is refresh fee, that is 1500.- + then the modules and base. So it is cheaper than 3 shape and you can always use your exocad when not paying, but with 3shape you are locked out. Also I don't know a single tech who has switched from exocad to 3shape, but I know many who has switched the other way around.
yep, making that switch now

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
This topic is sure to bring everyone to the discussion (at least I'm hoping). 3shape software is obviously user friendly and widely adopted. Exocad is known to be the king of bending the rules and allowing the designer to figure out tricks that aren't endorsed but get the job done without paying for every module. 3shape cost is reflective of there marker share while exocad is slowly entering a point of "that feels too expensive". The cost between the two for removable applications is about $1,000 difference. I am looking specifically for feedback from removable tech who design. As I contemplate which software to buy I'm stuck with two questions I want to present to the members.

1) For those who at one point used one then switched, what was the main motivation for switching, also any regrets?

2) Looking into the near future who do you see as the biggest innovator (this is strickly for digital dentures)?
I use Exocad and 3Shape in my lab. I still can't stand 3Shape's business model and the way they do business but when it comes to removables it's much easier to use 3Shape than Exocad. 3Shape does sell standalone removable packages (the full removable package (partials and dentures) is about $7000, the full denture only standalone package is $2500) with yearly fees associated to each system. I use 3Shape for removables only. Everything else, crowns/bridges/implants/bite/etc. I use Exocad. I know if you're thinking about using Ivoclar's ivotion you will have to get the 3Shape. Ivoclar is telling me in about six months Exocad will have the ability to use Ivoclars ivotion system.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I use Exocad and 3Shape in my lab. I still can't stand 3Shape's business model and the way they do business but when it comes to removables it's much easier to use 3Shape than Exocad. 3Shape does sell standalone removable packages (the full removable package (partials and dentures) is about $7000, the full denture only standalone package is $2500) with yearly fees associated to each system. I use 3Shape for removables only. Everything else, crowns/bridges/implants/bite/etc. I use Exocad. I know if you're thinking about using Ivoclar's ivotion you will have to get the 3Shape. Ivoclar is telling me in about six months Exocad will have the ability to use Ivoclars ivotion system.
have you submitted your lab app to 3 Shape unite yet?

C

CadGenius41

Reaction score
I am not sure where everyone gets their 3shape info, but things have changed over the last 4 years. They always have quarterly promos.
Removable package Stand alone - $6,200

There is also a NO subscription option, its call Basic Package. You Buy it today, you get latest software version and you are good to go with no renewals.
Reach out to a reseller and do your due diligence.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I think you meant $$$$hhhhh

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
3shape with an upgraded midline PC and an E1 scanner, implant bar/bridge module comes to 16,459.22 at Argen with Lab day pricing.
3Shape is tied to a scanner.

I ordered a Game PC from Bestbuy for 1400, exotrainer was 210.
A used scanner, or even Argen E1 Open Scanner and 3600 will get me what I need to be off and running with Exocad

that said, without getting into the ridiculous "3Shape/Exo is better debate", Exocad is faster, smother, more intuitive... im not finding abutment design to be faster or "better", but im still on the learning curve. This alone becomes much less important because I won't be in a production lab with 25 implant cases coming at me every day, and a smother more cost effective workflow suddenly becomes much, much more important...

I or "we" also have and endless supply of little geeks we can train to do design work, so the exotrainer is another huge plus for me over 3S.

Top Bottom