3 Shape vs InLab

A

ATXtech

Reaction score
If anyone has any opinions on which might be a better system to purchase, 3Shape vs Inlab, and why, I would really appreciate it.
I currently use ZirkonZahn but its hard to train people on that and it doesn't, currently, nest and mill angled abutments very well. And we would have to upgrade to the 9000 series software to make models for printing soft tissue separately.
We just want to have an extra design station with another software to save designs and send to our ZirkonZahn nesting and mill on a ZirkonZahn M1 Milling unit.
We're currently looking for something
- Easier to train with than ZirkonZahn
- Is good for productivity, (It would be good to know which system is faster)
-If possible, do either do a good job of saving a design for a screw retained implant crown with and angled abutment, that allows the mill to mill accurately and prevent a tight fit with the base. (I understand this just might just be a nesting issue with ZirkonZahn)
- Designs implant models with a separate soft tissue
- Is better for accuracy with margins and contacts
And we are open to any thoughts and opinions on pros and cons, etc between the 2 systems.
---THANK YOU---

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
I use inlab for single crowns and it works great and is fast for that, but i use exocad for anything more complicated than that. Inlab is a pain, can only use scanbodies from sironia, can only design custom abutments on a tibase. Big cases crash a lot. You can do tissue models if a sirona scanbody was used, otherwise you have to send it to a system that will. I have used inlab since 2006 and 4 years ago i had to get something that worked better for complex cases. I do like the way sirona handles additional workstations, it is more affordable than exocad and 3shape. Inlab is also very easy to train employees on.

A

ATXtech

Reaction score
I use inlab for single crowns and it works great and is fast for that, but i use exocad for anything more complicated than that. Inlab is a pain, can only use scanbodies from sironia, can only design custom abutments on a tibase. Big cases crash a lot. You can do tissue models if a sirona scanbody was used, otherwise you have to send it to a system that will. I have used inlab since 2006 and 4 years ago i had to get something that worked better for complex cases. I do like the way sirona handles additional workstations, it is more affordable than exocad and 3shape. Inlab is also very easy to train employees on.
Thanks alot. Great points. 👍👍

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We strictly use 3shape for everything. There are benefits with other systems, that each one doesn't not have. I know people the have both inlab and 3shape cause they are tapped into the cerec market and use it accept cases and then take them over to 3shape for maybe splints or dentures etc. But all do C&B with ease. Mainly use another system for niche items, Dentures, Splints ALL on X etc. But ZZ is a exo based. Call reseller and see if they can do a demo of a free X day trail.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
How does it work for additional workstations? Is it a one-time purchase or a recurring fee? Do both stations share the same case database or do you have to manually import/export cases?

A

ATXtech

Reaction score
We strictly use 3shape for everything. There are benefits with other systems, that each one doesn't not have. I know people the have both inlab and 3shape cause they are tapped into the cerec market and use it accept cases and then take them over to 3shape for maybe splints or dentures etc. But all do C&B with ease. Mainly use another system for niche items, Dentures, Splints ALL on X etc. But ZZ is a exo based. Call reseller and see if they can do a demo of a free X day trail.
Sounds like a good idea. Thanks.👍

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
How does it work for additional workstations? Is it a one-time purchase or a recurring fee? Do both stations share the same case database or do you have to manually import/export cases?
It was a one time fee but i have heard they changed it. You dont have to pay it if you are using thier scanner on that work station. I purchased a used ebay scanner for a back up so i get it free. It was $100 per extra seat, but i was told last year it was going up a lot. I think it was going to be be around $2000k per year but i am not 100% on that number. I know a few guys that have just purchased used or broken ineos scanners so they can get the software and updates for free, they can also get the portal to recieve cerec doc cases which is pretty handy. Savnner doesnt even need to work. They have made it so that scanner will open in exocad. The scanner is slow but it is nice to have a backup.

C

ChristianKim

Reaction score
If I have to choose between 3shape and inlab, I'd choose 3shape. Even though there are so many errors and lags in 3shape, it's versatile, easy for regular C&B cases, and has great custom abutment design tools. Many outsourcing vendors are using 3shape as their main CAD software so it's easy to send/transfer/order products and get support. It is always good to have more than one CAD system.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Have cerec inlab, Exocad and 3shape for abutments with Argen. Everything is designed in exocad. When I receive inlab cases I transfer them to exocad for design. I told my cerec docs if they want a custom abutment just scan with any appropriate scan body , call it a crown and send it. I export it to exocad and go from there. Cerec docs are happy they don't have to buy another scanner that way and they can still use their current system. Yes its a hassle dealing with all the systems but it is what it is.

Top Bottom