Best Dental Lab Management Software

H

hapapi

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to incorporate case management software for my lab. It's a small dental laboratory with 5 employees. I need something easy to use & links with QuickBooks. Do you have any recommendations?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to incorporate case management software for my lab. It's a small dental laboratory with 5 employees. I need something easy to use & links with QuickBooks. Do you have any recommendations?
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

I'm using LabStar, and it will output reports for you to merge into quickbooks, but I have zero idea how well it does that.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Another vote for Labstar.
With your size lab, setting it up should be fairly straightforward.

Darren S

Darren S

Reaction score
I've recently started using Seazona for our inhouse lab serving ten offices. It's the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What country are you in? It might matter.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
labstar again here. works great

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I'm glad this thread popped up. Our family owned business is going through a transition and lab software is from the late 80's. As all I know is this software I assumed that perpetual license software are still available. Currently we receive close to 250 cases per month. Researching the two options posted I would choose Seazona due to the unlimited case per month. $250 per month for labstar is expensive in my opinion. Don't get me wrong anything is 100 times better than what we have. I'm curious are there any perpetual license lab software? Or is every facet our lives part of some kind of subscription.

Darren S

Darren S

Reaction score
When I was doing my research, I found that no one offers a perpetual license any longer. Everyone has moved to cloud or you will have monthly fees and fees for support.

MrMolar

MrMolar

Reaction score
we use labstar. I don't know any of the financials of it, but it works well. keeps good records and you can upload documents via an app on your phone to keep up with paperwork etc. it's a pretty handy little tool.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Iv'e been using 'Lab Manager professional',,,LSG,,,, for the last 20+ years ,,,,,I'm guessing it's not very good because of the lack of any other users here . It was cheap to buy & always worked well for my tiny lab . Ha Ha , I just figured out it has cost me $1 per month so here on out it's all gravy 🤣

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Iv'e been using 'Lab Manager professional',,,LSG,,,, for the last 20+ years ,,,,,I'm guessing it's not very good because of the lack of any other users here . It was cheap to buy & always worked well for my tiny lab . Ha Ha , I just figured out it has cost me $1 per month so here on out it's all gravy 🤣
I think that’s what I use too, not for 20 years but since 2008.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I managed to run my lab for 17 years (9 techs at peak) w/o any fancy software, just good old pen and paper. Invoicing done by a script I wrote over a weekend for Open Office Base

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I think it’s still available?
It is, but it's not the $99 it was for aaages in the back of LMT.

My trainer's lab used this from when they opened in mid 90s on the same Walmart Christmas special PC the whole time until 2015

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
$299 and no subscription fees is cheap enough. I’ve been running whatever version I bought in 2008 and I’ve never updated anything or called them.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Good thing! Their support sucks. We've had them from the late 1990s. We tried to upgrade to the newest version and was stymied by their proceedures and got 0 help with it. Finally we gave up. Just running it as is and limping along.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
$299 and no subscription fees is cheap enough. I’ve been running whatever version I bought in 2008 and I’ve never updated anything or called them.
I'm just surprised how it's worked with every new iteration of Windows. Honestly, I have never had a problem with it & have never called them either,,,,.I still use my dogeared booklet at the end of every month to print out statements Deal

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 25
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm just surprised how it's worked with every new iteration of Windows. Honestly, I have never had a problem with it & have never called them either,,,,.I still use my dogeared booklet at the end of every month to print out statements Deal
It is a Microsoft Access(part of MSOffice) database with a custom pretty front end

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
It is a Microsoft Access(part of MSOffice) database with a custom pretty front end
"Ah ,so that's why ,,,,,,Is there really any topic J you don't fully understand ?👨‍🎓🤣