Medit/exocad Pains

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Not sure what happened there! How'd you set the project? As crowns, or veneers? I usually set up 3/4 crowns as veneers.. it has different crown bottom settings and the margins will adapt better. In expert mode ( with veneers) you can right click and go to "minimum thickness" and and there's a slider bar to change margin to sharper or thicker

Last edited:
MrMolar

MrMolar

Reaction score
Since I'm stupid I keep coming back to "We're still just making teeth right? Why so many ways to skin the frigging cat?"

And when are you going to set up a training for me, Josh? Tell me when and where to fly (unless you want to come to Utah [and that's northern Utah, not the nasty SLC area])
define "northern Utah"?

MrMolar

MrMolar

Reaction score
that depends upon how you define "is"
I guess i'm dumb and don't understand your question.
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I guess i'm dumb and don't understand your question.
Hot Shots Idiot GIF
You're young apparently. It's a reference to Bill Clinton's videotaped depostion from his relationship with Monica Lewinsky. He was asked a question containing the word "is"

he responsed 'that depends on what your definition of 'is' is'

It's weasly for sure, but it actually made sense in context.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Idaho would be northern utah. BTW. Riley just come on up and we can comiserate over exocad. Its got some real flaws if youre talking about comparing it to 3shape. Im a glutton for deutsch punishment, an Audi in the driveway and designing with exocad.

Still waiting for someone to come up with a linux style open source dental CAD. Not talking about blender.

J

Josh Claxton

Reaction score
Looks like a path of insertion issue Riley! If your prep goes "below margin" then anatomic crown designs do... strange things some times. Should do any where the prep dips as inlay/onlay or veneers (kinda like post & cores). In this instance the top portion of the crown margin is messed up by the more cervical areas. Either that or if you just have to do anatomic crown you have to set your path of insertion staring at the face of the crown. Veneers are probably my least favorite part of Exo, was closely followed by eggshell provisionals, but I've been slowly making friends with the module.

Edit : if you have it set up as veneers and we're blowing smoke about restoration design choice in the DB. Double check your mesh to look for weird overlapping pieces, sometimes if something is scanned odd and has multiple overlapping meshes then you can bounce between one and the other. Also try : Expert -> Edit Mesh -> right click mesh and show mesh orientation in the context menu. This can show you if your mesh is inside out. It's rare but sometimes people scan impressions as if they were stone models. If it is inside out right click it again with orientation showing and choose to flip the normals.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
@Josh Claxton
seriously, training. you, me, some chic fil a or pizza, sitting close to each other staring into a computer monitor, accidentally bumping into each other like two ships in a foggy bay...?? Think about it...

the elf asperagus giph.gif

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Idaho would be northern utah. BTW. Riley just come on up and we can comiserate over exocad. Its got some real flaws if youre talking about comparing it to 3shape. Im a glutton for deutsch punishment, an Audi in the driveway and designing with exocad.

Still waiting for someone to come up with a linux style open source dental CAD. Not talking about blender.
You really mean it?!?!

I'm trying to rid myself of pain gluttony. Sold my British whore car. bought a toyota. Now thinking of pulling out the d700 and going back to the sweet, sweet days of the 2014 3shape software!!!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Any idea why i'm getting these cute solid chunks inside the adapted-to-diagnostic design? The white one labeled second attempt I separated each tooth in the pre-op so they weren't attached like a bridge. I'm going to delete that as a pre-op and load it as a wax up and adapt to that? I've never had enjoyable experiences with that but oh well.
Also, I'd love a source for morphine. Any of you dealing that on the side?

EDIT: Nevermind about loading as a waxup. Not seeing that in the almighty expert mode.

Weird solids inside veneers.png

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
EDIT: Nevermind about loading as a waxup. Not seeing that in the almighty expert mode.
Here's the steps on importing (pic attached too)
  1. Expert mode
  2. Tools->Add/remove mesh
  3. select waxup from the drop-down menu (and jaw if it applies)
  4. select file
  5. align
  6. done (as far as importing)
What is the case set up as? crowns/inlays? What are you trying to do?
It does look to me like some error/anomaly in scanning. Is your scan completely correct? Hide all meshes but the original scan, make it transparent (shift+middle click) and inspect it for holes or weird shapes. If all is ok, we go back to what have you set up the job as and what is it you're trying to do.

Attachments

• add-remove.png
    add-remove.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 12
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Any way to relabel the dies instead of going back to the scanning? misnumbered preps.png

Top Bottom