recommended cement gap setting in dental system software

D

Dentoshefo

Reaction score
Hi All, is there cement gap settings recommended by the software developer for PEEK implant supported coping in dental system of 2 shape?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if its implant supported like you have used a titanium base and are putting an abutment over it, the spacer is not controlled by a scalable value. the spacer is fixed by the implant company.

if however you are doing it the old fashioned way and scanning the tibase (instead of scanning the scanbody) then standard coping values may make your fit too loose.

the key is to remember two things: 1. the spacer at the margin should be the smallest value up from zero. 2. keep drill compensation ON even if you turn the spacer value down. at the end of the design you should always have a millable product.

D

Dentoshefo

Reaction score
if its implant supported like you have used a titanium base and are putting an abutment over it, the spacer is not controlled by a scalable value. the spacer is fixed by the implant company.

if however you are doing it the old fashioned way and scanning the tibase (instead of scanning the scanbody) then standard coping values may make your fit too loose.

the key is to remember two things: 1. the spacer at the margin should be the smallest value up from zero. 2. keep drill compensation ON even if you turn the spacer value down. at the end of the design you should always have a millable product.
Thank u for your reply,
Actually I am postgraduate student, I am planning to do my thesis on cement gap settings for PEEK crowns on stock implant abutments. I want to know what are the default settings for cement gap and extra cement gap in the dental system software of 3 shape. It would be a great help if u send me just a screen shot for these settings when PEEK coping is selected from the "name" drop down menu in the die interface step.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
default settings are merely suggestions about fit, because fit is ultimately created and controlled by the mill. no default value is "correct" by default and should not be taken as such.

every CAM philosophy is to mill a part as close to spec as possible, if possible without going over except in rare cases.

this fit accounting is so that labs can control the fit to their preference; some people want loose fit, some people want tight fit. ultimately many labs use handpieces to modify fit any any circumstance anyway, making this fit control pointless.

which is why every library produces an equal fit distance, from implant to implant. the fit is just a spec, controlled by production not by design.

of course this falls on its face when talking about implant analog to printed model. many libraries give NO fit tolerance, rendering printed model fit extremely tight.

are you having a problem with peek specifically that requires attention?