Dental I/O scan workflows

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
So I have the same question as above. I was told by Schein tech desk that the Dr's can mark the margin on their end and I should be able to see it marked when the wizard gets to that step in EXOCAD??? I f this is true, is it a newer version of the software and how do I explain to the Dr. how to do it? Thanks in advance!!!!
Are you talking Medit scanner or a different one?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
No Trios Scanner, I talked with accounts and they can mark them, how do they attach to case? Thanks!!

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
No Trios Scanner, I talked with accounts and they can mark them, how do they attach to case? Thanks!!
Pretty sure you can't transfer margins from Trios scanners to Exocad.
Correct me if I'm wrong. If it's possible, please somebody do a write-up about it.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Well Schein help desk said it's possible, as is anything? Yes please someone write it up? Thanks In advance!

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
Well Schein help desk said it's possible, as is anything? Yes please someone write it up? Thanks In advance!
Ask them to explain the how-to, as they support "it's possible".
3sheep don't want to play with others, I'm even surprised you can export the files to any format. At least you can get coloured scans if the doc exports to .ply format.

Nothing against 3shape, it works and gets the job done. I just despise closed systems in general. :)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Can't be done if you're importing to Exocad as far as I know. Which I think is total BS, considering you have to buy a fkn 3Sheep dongle to just be able to use the communicate and import into exocad directly but it won't allow the margin marking or color to come through unless your designing on 3Shlt's software. Then sue other software companies (and lose) if they try to do anything even remotely similar. Also, the communicate portal loses cases all the time....very frustrating. 3Shake doesn't care about it's users...never has, just because your first to the show doesn't make you the best!!! 3Rant over with ;)

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
ya, like Align, the parent company of exocad , is as closed as they come.
True, but this doesn't affect exocad. For now anyway. I don't think it will, but who knows.

Can't be done if you're importing to Exocad as far as I know. Which I think is total BS, considering you have to buy a fkn 3Sheep dongle to just be able to use the communicate and import into exocad directly but it won't allow the margin marking or color to come through unless your designing on 3Shlt's software. Then sue other software companies (and lose) if they try to do anything even remotely similar. Also, the communicate portal loses cases all the time....very frustrating. 3Shake doesn't care about it's users...never has, just because your first to the show doesn't make you the best!!! 3Rant over with ;)
Buying a dongle just to use their ****ty solution is BS. At least the docs -the ones willing- can export to ply and have colour available.
Importing has zero advantages as far as I can tell.
To clarify. I didn't get the dongle to get cases from 3shape users, cause I live in a small city and I only have one doc that work with who uses 3shape. But when they first send me a job, they had "exported it for exocad" as their support told them. Import works fine, with job set and everything. But no margins, and no colour. So I asked for export in .ply and since they just send me the files via wetransfer/dropbox.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You picked the horse that was slow out of the gate and bet against the horse that's finished 1st.
ya that's the ticket.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Update: New news on Itero. They have a multiple tiered pay system. However, if you want all access, no restrictions it was $5000, now they have reduced it to $2500 for labs. I heard if a Doc buys a new Itero that they were given a code similiar to Primescan Docs that they could give to the lab to access the portal but I haven't seen this so I can't confirm.

@Brett Hansen CDT

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
those of you doing more iTero stuff may be able to help here....a client just got set up with itero and she has started using it on the regular for standard c/b cases. she wants to start scanning her implants and moving that way instead of pvs....im game for all of that.
however
so far itero support has been lacking for her. shes gotten scan bodies, and is ready to go, but cant find the implant system in order to scan the markers....i have next to no clinical time with the itero scanners, so i am at a loss for what to do to help her. she spent a lengthy time trying to get support this week and its a significant challenge just to find people that speak and understand english well enough to help her. smh. that said, they were unable to get her any results.

btw, i should mention this isnt an oddball implant system its keystone tilobe

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
those of you doing more iTero stuff may be able to help here....a client just got set up with itero and she has started using it on the regular for standard c/b cases. she wants to start scanning her implants and moving that way instead of pvs....im game for all of that.
however
so far itero support has been lacking for her. shes gotten scan bodies, and is ready to go, but cant find the implant system in order to scan the markers....i have next to no clinical time with the itero scanners, so i am at a loss for what to do to help her. she spent a lengthy time trying to get support this week and its a significant challenge just to find people that speak and understand english well enough to help her. smh. that said, they were unable to get her any results.

Provide her the scanbodies that you have a library for then all she has to do is scan. Tell her to select implant in initial order and it will give her a scanbody option. If she is trying to use the Ai function, it's a pain...just do it normally.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Provide her the scanbodies that you have a library for then all she has to do is scan. Tell her to select implant in initial order and it will give her a scanbody option. If she is trying to use the Ai function, it's a pain...just do it normally.
she has the scan bodies that i have the library for....the problem is on the software side for her. it has zero options for any keystone platforms when she scans.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
If you’re using Exocad..Just have her scan it with the scan bodies and choose “other” or whatever, then send it to you. Use the “My Itero” portal and pick the “open model” option and download them. Set up your project and save it. Copy and paste the upper and lowers into the project file , save it. Hit design and off to races

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Larry just pulled sideboob out of a snow bank.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
however

We are getting a fair amount of iTero scans in now. We are a 3Shape lab. I provided my Dr's with scan bodies for the places I want to mill their custom abutments. As far as I know, they just scan the arches as normal and send the files to me. They just to let me know the implant and platform size in the prescription notes. I set up an order according to their script and then import the files. For Keystone I use ImagineUSA(Mist) or Atlantis to mill the abutments.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
she has the scan bodies that i have the library for....the problem is on the software side for her. it has zero options for any keystone platforms when she scans.
As RKM stated, she should be able to just scan it as any implant scan, I don't believe she had to define which implant it is, and even if she did, that doesn't matter on your end. As long as you know which scan body it is and size of implant you can tell your software what it is and go from there.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We are getting a fair amount of iTero scans in now. We are a 3Shape lab. I provided my Dr's with scan bodies for the places I want to mill their custom abutments. As far as I know, they just scan the arches as normal and send the files to me. They just to let me know the implant and platform size in the prescription notes. I set up an order according to their script and then import the files. For Keystone I use ImagineUSA(Mist) or Atlantis to mill the abutments.
Same for us as well. Seems this Doc is making more trouble for herself by trying to define the implant.