Dental I/O scan workflows

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
"you could engrave the inside of the crown with a case number" you mean in CAD or by hand?

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
Is it possible to import the margins the dr picked from 3shape into exocad? What files do I need?
Currently the dr is sending me .ply files (upper/lower/bite),and things seem to be working ok other than the margins.
Also, is it preferable to have the stl files (too)?
So at this point in our iOS journey,
Importing Trios scans into exocad is as much fun as importing Medit scans into 3 Shape.
Is this a no? Laugh

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So at this point in our iOS journey,
Importing Trios scans into exocad is as much fun as importing Medit scans into 3 Shape.

Not as much fun as importing sirona scans into 3Shape to create a model in model builder.:banghead:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Beyond plus..... looks better when glazed 😉 .

I was hoping you were going to say that, Beyond plus. I haven't done one of those for awhile and did one yesterday. It looked really nice, like the result you got and will get. It mAde me think of doing more of those again where I can, space wise and margin wise.

I backed off from doing those as I've had 2 bridges break and started using HT+ more. As for myself, I've also found that Beyond+ fcz for anteriors can get a little low value, and have gone with more layered HT+ for anteriors. It seems to hold the value and chroma better. But that could just be in my case as far as my technique.

apostolis159

apostolis159

Reaction score
Just imported a .3oxz file from a trios, but have no colour. Is this how is it supposed to be? Exo created the required files from it, in .dcm format.
I guess it's just better for the Dr to send me the .ply files instead, since I have no colour or margins with the 3oxz.
Damn 3shape.
Funny thing is, this Dr did ask me beforehand what I use and what I'd prefer for her to get since she had no preference. Clearly, the most expensive option was the better on in her opinion. Stupid

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I was hoping you were going to say that, Beyond plus. I haven't done one of those for awhile and did one yesterday. It looked really nice, like the result you got and will get. It mAde me think of doing more of those again where I can, space wise and margin wise.

I backed off from doing those as I've had 2 bridges break and started using HT+ more. As for myself, I've also found that Beyond+ fcz for anteriors can get a little low value, and have gone with more layered HT+ for anteriors. It seems to hold the value and chroma better. But that could just be in my case as far as my technique.
I use beyond plus for some single posteriors only not for bridges though

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
two week ago I got a free Cerec connection from one of my doctors. Sweet, and they even sent a thump drive which I don’t need with the code

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Dontknow, maybe someone here smarter than me would know
I could put the numbers inside the crowns in cad, but when applying the parameters for cement spacer it make the numbers inflated and sometimes unrecognizable. I am still tweaking to find a way instead of printing a cam sheet

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
So I have the same question as above. I was told by Schein tech desk that the Dr's can mark the margin on their end and I should be able to see it marked when the wizard gets to that step in EXOCAD??? I f this is true, is it a newer version of the software and how do I explain to the Dr. how to do it? Thanks in advance!!!!