JP VEST

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hey all, not to be a spoil sport, I know everyone is search of the answer to the reaction layer issue, however I think you should be careful.

I got some info off of their website:

Approx. US$149.50
Box comprising 35 x 100g foil sachets of JPVest, 500ml of JPLiquid (complete with freeze indicator),1 set of instructions and 1 syringe.

You guys are willing to pay that???? Plus shipping to the USA????

That's more approximately 3 times the price of Zubler 144 and almost twice what Ivoclar's investment is.

100 packages month (1 case of Zubler 144 (100x100g @ $114.00) vs 3 x cases of JPVest):

approximate extra $ you are spending:
$300 x 12months = $3600
$300 x 24months = $7200 (Almost paid for an VARIO PRESS 300.e)

Just a thought...

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

We are the distributor for JP Vest in the USA through our supply company, Toothworks Dental Supply
The price Chris quoted is from the UK site.

The current price from us is USD$345 for 100 x 100g packs and 2L of liquid which is actually less than Ivoclar's PressVest.

In our lab we noticed quite a difference in our emax pressings not only was our reaction layer eliminated but the surface of the pressed units was much smoother. So smooth that on some crowns you can get a nice surface finish just by polishing it with diamond polishing paste and completely skip the glaze firing if you are not going to add characterization staining. It is a big time saver for us.

JP Vest's patented formula is truly unique, it is much more than just some "magic powder" that gets mixed in to the investment.

If you would like to see for yourself how JP Vest can benefit you and your lab just let me know and we will send you a sample.

JPVest Test 1.jpg

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I see a sample pack is available for Aprox. US$18.68. I have one on order, I'll let you know.
UPDATE: I placed an order for their sample pack on March 6, 2015 and have not received it as of today March 18. Still waiting.Deal For now Galaxy II from Talladium has been working out great for us, and is very price friendly.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I placed an order for their sample pack on March 6, 2015 and have not received it as of today March 18. Still waiting.Deal For now Galaxy II from Talladium has been working out great for us, and is very price friendly.

I just sent you a PM, we will take care of you :)

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I just sent you a PM, we will take care of you :)
I also have a sample pack on the way...Could you please pass along a good starting point for mixing ratios? Or what you are currently having success with ? Thanks you.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
I also have a sample pack on the way...Could you please pass along a good starting point for mixing ratios? Or what you are currently having success with ? Thanks you.

16mL special liquid + 8mL distilled water per 100g of investment. This is the ratio we have found that gives us the best fit.

We are using an Ivoclar EP5000 for our pressing if anyone was curious.

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that there is no reaction layer. That is just a by product of the material coming into contact with the investment. We've tried the powder add-in to the investment(Mircostar) and it did nothing to reduce the reaction layer. We're using a EP 5000 and really, I can't complain about the amount of reaction layer that is created. that being said, I will be watching to see photos of the results and what everyone's process is.
Doug i use the old EP 500, and i use Talladium investment, Gallaxy 2 i think. I don't get the layer on emax anymore, but i lowered the temp on the pressing unit all the way to the lowest levels. When i first started i used the temps by the book, with the same investment and furnace, and i used to get the layer. I got that acid Ivoclar is recommended but didn't do much. I think the temperature in the book is too high. that's why we get that layer. But not anymore for me. Adrian

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
We are getting phenomenal results with our metal castings with JP Vest too. As you can see in this photo JP Vest delivers a precision fit and incredibly clean, smooth metal castings.

We recommend the following special liquid ratio for metal castings; 20mL of JP Vest Special Liquid + 4mL distilled H2O per 100g of JP Vest. A conventional burnout must be used with this,
These were done with Ivoclar d.sign 91 60% ceramic gold alloy using a conventional burnout; 50°F per min to 400°F, hold for 30 minutes, 30°F per minute to 1450°F, hold for 60 minutes.

IMG_9547.JPG

R

Radu

Reaction score
I said it on a different thread.
This investment material is fantastic. Period.

V

Viapressings

Reaction score
I realise this is an old thread but i've been using JP for a few years and just ordered a sample of their new product JP Vest 360 and wondered if anyone had tried it?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
...and speaking of JP Vest.. Has anyone else run into rings cracking when using some of these hard waxes when milled. ? I am now using Argen "carvable" milled wax with a hour set and cold oven insert. Getting good results this way. I was running into problems with the recommended fast hot insert technique with other harder milled waxes.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
...and speaking of JP Vest.. Has anyone else run into rings cracking when using some of these hard waxes when milled. ? I am now using Argen "carvable" milled wax with a hour set and cold oven insert. Getting good results this way. I was running into problems with the recommended fast hot insert technique with other harder milled waxes.
Have not had this issue. I am using mostly Harvest's 'Wax-Prep' with no issue. I also tried TD Dental's millable wax, which is quite rigid, with no issue, either. Anyways, this is our experience...

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
TD Ron’s grey wax pucks here also, no fins or cracks. But I am using Cream Press :Top:

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
TD Ron’s grey wax pucks here also, no fins or cracks. But I am using Cream Press :Top:
I use Cream press, too. But for veneers, I get much better result with JP vest. Everything looks more 'crisp' . With Cream Press, I get a rather rough surface. But it is unbeaten when divesting!!! Big time saver...

Edit: Changed 'Ceram' for 'Cream'...

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I use Ceram press, too. But for veneers, I get much better result with JP vest. Everything looks more 'crisp' . With Ceram Press, I get a rather rough surface. But it is unbeaten when divesting!!! Big time saver...

Ceram press? Or Cream Press, dva.?

E

Emberkast

Reaction score
Hi. Enyone know the calcination fournace programm for JP Vest?
I need to put the investment ring in the fournace when the fournace beggin to start the programm for the complete calcination of wax/resin?
Thanks.