Polishing porcelain

S

stanleyn

Reaction score
Anyone using good polishing compound for self glazed porcelain to achieve nice luster ?.... I was using Matrix from Aurident by Kogelglaze... well... it's no longer avaliable:( I am trying a bunch of diamond polishing compounds... none give this natural looking luster just a glassy shine... any techniques you guys like...

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Dental ventures has some good polish. I was using the aurident matrix but switched to brilliance and zircon brite.

S

stanleyn

Reaction score
From the same company (Dental Ventures),I have been using 'Wow'.
Thanks. I am surprised Dental Ventures has so many different diamond polishing compounds. Brilliance, Zircon Brite, Wow...
I wonder what is the difference. I guess I would have to try. I wonder if they sale samples.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am surprised Dental Ventures has so many different diamond polishing compounds. Brilliance, Zircon Brite, Wow...
I wonder what is the difference. I guess I would have to try. I wonder if they sale samples.
DVA is a quite nice bunch to talk to every time I call. That's rare.

{edit: I don't have any reasons to think they know my meat identity, but maybe?}

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I think they have samples. My experience is limited to Wow and Zircon write. To be honest, I can't really tell much of a difference. Maybe Wow is a bit better?

S

stanleyn

Reaction score
I think they have samples. My experience is limited to Wow and Zircon write. To be honest, I can't really tell much of a difference. Maybe Wow is a bit better?
Yeah... It's so frustrating when excellent product just dissappear...

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I’ve not tried Brilliance. The difference I saw was the ZirconBrite, when polishing unglazed zirc would leave a purple pearl look. The Wow never gave that sheen. If I need to only polish fcz occlusal I use wow.

I give a quick once over the occlusal on Fcz after glaze with ZirconBrite. Do your own test on two glazed fcz ,rubbing the occlusals together. Feels like sand paper. Hit them with ZirconBrite and try again. Much smoother.
I do polish pre-stain and glaze occlusal with rubber wheels. Then dust with alOx, then stain and glaze.

I thought Wow was for Zirc only. ZirconBrite can be used on everything.....🤔

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I thought Wow was for Zirc only. ZirconBrite can be used on everything.....🤔
That is how it I advertised, but it polishes well and I use Wow on pretty much everything (E.max, layered porcelain and the occasional metal margin).

A

adl

Reaction score
In what way? and do you have link/contact information I never heard of Athletic Press
www.apdental.net
Tel : 1-415-692-5372
If you ask for a sample they will gladly give you one. Once I tried it , I’ve never used anything else.it works for porcelain , composites , Zirconia and all metals.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Still surprised that no one has mentioned VH Technologies Diashine (water soluble),and all of the variety of polish they have for the sheen or luster you're looking for. It's my favorite polish(s) to work with.

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Anyone using good polishing compound for self glazed porcelain to achieve nice luster ?.... I was using Matrix from Aurident by Kogelglaze... well... it's no longer avaliable:( I am trying a bunch of diamond polishing compounds... none give this natural looking luster just a glassy shine... any techniques you guys like...
I've been using Grey rubber wheel that Exactly performs the same as pumice. Gerald Ubassy. You cannot beat this simple rubber wheel in enhancing natural wear surface. After that he has a 1 micron diamond polishing paste in a syringe. Last forever, both. Can't be surpassed so look no further. No one knows natural surface lusters better than Gerald Ubassy period!!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I've been using Grey rubber wheel that Exactly performs the same as pumice. Gerald Ubassy. You cannot beat this simple rubber wheel in enhancing natural wear surface. After that he has a 1 micron diamond polishing paste in a syringe. Last forever, both. Can't be surpassed so look no further. No one knows natural surface lusters better than Gerald Ubassy period!!

Yes, I know of him. I like his music, too ;) :)

Top Bottom