Am I crazy for wanting to trade my Exocad Galway Ultimate dongle for 3Shape?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
If you bought it from a legitimate dealer you shouldn't have to deal with a "scummy guy" . I'm sure he has a supervisor that should be informed that their employee is giving the company a very bad name. By the way, you haven't ever said what company you bought it from.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
at the very least, you were scammed out of support.

find a proper resller for support and move your license to them. with solid training and support most of the headaches should disappear fairly easily. just switching to 3shape isnt a solution. exocad is perfectly functional and many many many others use it daily without issue. the concern here (if i need to restate it) is support and education. or the lack thereof.

this is by no means a disrespect to you. but you seriously need to find good support. there are options available. hell there are ppl here that would help you for the fun of it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
No its not, its a hacked version. See if you can get your license transferred to imagine or another reputable dealer that can train you how to use it properly. Theres not much you cant do with exocad, especially the latest version, but nothing is perfect and CAD has limitations, mostly based on manufacturers not offering certain things or locking others.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I mean he said its broken and doesn't work? So bugs and problems would be expected no? Why buy something that you were told was broken?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I mean he said its broken and doesn't work? So bugs and problems would be expected no? Why buy something that you were told was broken?
he didn't ask the right questions at the time of purchase really. or his sales weasel just said yes to everything and didn't understand the fundamental problem of doing that.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
he didn't ask the right questions at the time of purchase really. or his sales weasel just said yes to everything and didn't understand the fundamental problem of doing that.
Sales weasel Funny name and true

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Makes sense, im just surprised that the seller told him it wouldnt work, and yet that still was not enough to avoid it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Makes sense, im just surprised that the seller told him it wouldnt work, and yet that still was not enough to avoid it.
Regardless of what the Legalese says, we all expect software to work for the particular purpose it was sold.