+What would you recommend for a second 3D printer

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Hello
I'm currently using the Asiga Max and very pleased with it but I want to get another cheaper one,
I would like to spend around $1000
I've been eying this one
Please share your thoughts

Thanks

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What are you going to use it for?

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Hello
I'm currently using the Asiga Max and very pleased with it but I want to get another cheaper one,
I would like to spend around $1000
I've been eying this one
Please share your thoughts

Thanks

For printing anything dental related with any sort of consistent accuracy I don't think you will find much options at that price point. First that comes to mind is the Form2/Form3 printers (Around 5k) as your inroad to backup printers. I have looked in to but have not tried cheaper printers but I don't think you will get near to similar results with anything less.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I know a guy who has several phrozon 4k printers. He likes them. They are inexpensive but may need some fiddling with to get the outcome you need, but I've also heard that about the formlabs printers.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I know a guy who has several phrozon 4k printers. He likes them. They are inexpensive but may need some fiddling with to get the outcome you need, but I've also heard that about the formlabs printers.
Out of the box the formlabs will give you a decent result.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
To clarify, if he is using it for record bases, custom trays, or similar where finite accuracy isn't required the photon works, we have one and use it for those. However, if your using it for crown and bridge models or anything where consistency and accuracy is required then you already know the answer.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
To clarify, if he is using it for record bases, custom trays, or similar where finite accuracy isn't required the photon works, we have one and use it for those. However, if your using it for crown and bridge models or anything where consistency and accuracy is required then you already know the answer.
That makes more sense. Yeah anything above custom trays and stuff like that it will be more effort than it is worth to get good results out of a cheaper printer.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i would just get another max all your resins and resin trays are then interchangeable and your covered for any breakdowns.

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Hello
That’s exactly what i intend using it for.
thank you

Last edited: